We are friends

Lisa's POV

Lisa's POV

I wake up as I feel something soft rubbing my cheek. As I open my eyes, they capture the side profile of Chaeyoung. Her blonde hair is up in a messy bun, and she is already in her bathrobe.

She is currently talking to someone at the door while her thumb is still caressing my cheek lovingly. For a moment, I just let her does that to me.

It feels soothing that I always feel like falling asleep again on the couch, with her crouching next to me.

"Lisa?" she calls soon as she turns her head to face me. I swear, that's the sweetest voice I have ever heard in my life. "Lisa?" she calls again, still caressing my cheek with her thumb.

"Yeah?" I blurt lazily as I open my eyes. She twists her lips into a small smile

"Wake up. You'd be late for office" she mutters before standing up, ready to march when I grab her by the wrist and she stops abruptly, tilting her head to stare.

"Rosieeee" I call with aegyo and she snorts. "Yah, you are so annoying. Stop that voice, Lisa. Stop it right now"

"Rosieee, good morningggg"

"Morning and please shut up" she says as she shuffles towards the walk in closet in our room. I follow her step, and embrace her from the back.

I am still sleepy as sleepy could be. She doesn't say anything for a moment. Her hands are busy picking the dress she wants to wear.

"Lisa - yah" she calls a minute later, remaining static as she fears I might fall if she shifts.

"Hmm" I respond, still hugging her from behind.

"Wake up, please" she comforts, tapping my hands around her waistline. "You'll be late for the meeting later"

"Ughh, I want to sleep, Rosie" I whine and she chuckles.

"Lili?" she calls, and my eyes automatically fill their sockets. I let her go and turn her around so that we could be staring into each other's eyes.

"What did you say?"

"Lili" she looks at me, blushing a little.

"Oh, Rosie, I miss that name" I say, launching myself against her. She hugs me back, though not as firm as my grip on hers.

"But I still don't want to go to office"

"Come on now" she says as she breaks the hug. "I'll take your dress from the wardrobe. Which one would you like?"

"Will you pick for me?" I give her puppy eyes and she slaps me playfully on my arm before nodding slowly. "Fine, but just go and have a bath, alright?"

"Fine, Mum" I say and she rolls her eyes at me when she hears I call her mum.

"I'm gonna kill you, Lili"

"Try me" I stick out my tongue before starting to run towards the bathroom. Rosie is running after me, banging the door when I shut it while laughing maniacally.

"You're gonna get it, later" she threatens before slowly walking away, still laughing when I open the door a little to peek.

I have never seen this side of her.

But yes, I enjoy it.

I guess my heart is as same as my head now.

Chaeyoung's POV

I glare at the watch around my wrist. I would be late if I don't leave the house now.

So, I approach the bathroom and knock the door twice.

"Yeah?" Lisa mumbles from inside.

"I've got to go" I say and quickly the door springs open, revealing Lisa still in her pj, brushing her teeth.

"You are not going to wait for me?" she frowns.

"Obviously, no. you are going to get me fired if I wait for you"

"Don't go, Rosie" she rushes to hug me with tootbrush dangling from the corner of her mouth.

"Don't hug me" I push her but she hugs me anyway. "Ahh, there's no point of putting on perfume then"

Lisa stands in the hug, tightening it each time I move. Her face is gently pressed against my chest.

I hate to say this but I am enjoying this sweet gesture of hers.

But I have to go to the office.

Now.

"Lisa..." I call and she doesn't answer me back. But I know she's listening"

"Well, I think you said you wanted to start over again. As friends?" I ask and she nods against my chest. Her arms are still around me.

"Then, let's be friends"

That does the trick. She takes a few steps behind, breaking the hug. "Will you be my friend, Rosie?"

"Well, I usually would reject a moron like you straightaway" I say, staring at her.

"But since you have been begging since yesterday, why not"

That makes her smiles. The goofy smile I have learnt to fall in love with simply because it looks to divine on her look.

"Are we friends now, Rosie?"

"Yes, we are" I say.

"I'm so happy, Rosie" Lisa says. I am not sure why, but I can feel her sincerity coming out form such sentence.

Sincerity from a brat like her.

"But I have to go to the office now"

"Can't you just stay?"

"I could" I wrap my arms around her neck, letting her face rests on the crook of my neck. "But that means I am fired"

She laughs lightly. "Okay then" she breaks the hug and I am not sure why, it hurts me a little. I wish I could be trapped within her hug forever.

"But, Lili, I have a question to ask you"

"What?" she stares at me.

"Nothing. Maybe tonight after we come back home"

"Alright, Rosie"

I stare at her and she stares at me before slowly I walk out of the room, with a smile unusually bright adorning my lips.

***