Fall from Grace

Jisoo's POV

Jennie's scream really has the ability of making me jumping out of my skin.

"You promised me a forever" Jennie yells again, trying to stop herself from crumbling as she says those words aloud.

"I did, Jennie" I agree to her words. "And that's what I have been doing. To you. To Bella. To our family"

"Oh, yeah?" Jennie asks sarcastically as she laughs. "Then, what the fuck these are?" she throws a couple of pictures to my face.

I feel like yelling at her once I bend my knees to collect one of the flying pictures.

It's a picture of me. Kissing with someone else.

A woman, my private secretary.

"Jen, I can explain"

"I trusted you" Jennie cries as she sinks to her knees. I have never seen her crying that way. And it breaks my heart. Really it does.

"Jen, it's not what you think. It's not even a one night stand. It's just a kiss"

"Just a kiss?" she scowls at that sentence. Well, even I curse at myself for blurting something like that.

"What would you feel if it's me?" Jennie asks. "Won't you be angry, Jisoo?"

"Jen, come on. We can talk about it" I try to pull her into my arms but she deliberately pushing me away.

"You get out from my house" she yells frantically as she throws my bag and my stuff at our doorstep.

"Just fucking out and don't show your face here ever again" she warns. I try to stop her but then she shuts me out.

"Jen, I'm sorry" I fall to my knees, crying hard as I bang on the door with my knuckles. "Jen, just hear me out"

"Just go, Jisoo" Jennie tells, weakly as I sense she is not resting her back against the other side of the door, silently crumbling.

"But I can't. My family's here, remember?"

"We are not" Jennie says in one breath that breaks me apart. "A family anymore"

This is it.

This it the ultimate nightmare.

Of my family disowning me.

Again.

I don't know where to go. Strange, despite the fact that I have been living in France longer than anywhere else in my life. I feel so helpless, so soulless as if I have lost everything in my life.

Of course I have.

I have lost Jennie and Bella.

I have lost my family.

And that's just it. Suddenly, life seems dark and meaningless.

I drive again and again through the same streets, crying like there's no tomorrow.

I am done. God, I'm just done. I have fucked everything. 

******************************************************

"How many times have I told you to not list me as your emergency contact?"

Lisa asks as she yawn sleepily, unlocking the door for me. I smack her in the back when she heads back to the living room. She winches before giggling a bit.

 Chaeyoung smiles as her eyes catch mine and we brush each other's cheeks with formal kiss. "Are you alone, unnie?" she asks, eyeing behind me; probably guessing if Jennie and Bella are still struggling outside.