Encore

Chaeyoung's POV

Lisa sits next to me at the dining table, our hands are interwoven with one other. She digs into the pasta delightfully and asks me if she can have some from my plate.

"Sure, Love"

I divide some of my portion into her empty plate. She thanks me and starts eating again.

"It's not that I don't know I'm pretty"

She mutters as she takes another spoonful of pasta.

"But you kind of turning me on with that hungry gaze of yours"

"WHAT?" I let out a little scream as I slap her shoulder playfully. "We are eating, for God's sake, Lili! Don't tell me a joke that gonna make me puke"

She laughs, flashing a toothy smile.

God,

She looks the prettiest when she does that. I could just stop chewing this pasta and kiss her instead. But something inside me tells me to stop.

"I actually have something to tell you"

I break the silence and Lisa nods as she takes another spoonful of pasta.

"Go ahead" she adds casually.

"Ok" I thank her as a smile pops on my lips.

"Actually, I'm -"

"Sorry, baby" Lisa kisses me on my cheek. She turns to her left and picks up her phone.

"It won't be long" she promises me.

"Alright" I look at her as she approaches the balcony and slides open the door.

"Who might that be?" I ask myself as I let my fork play with the pasta on my plate. Lisa always answers her phone before me.

It just slightly worrying that she has to take it this time somewhere far from me, like she doesn't want me to eavesdrop whatever she and that person is talking about.

I wait for her to return but it seems like she has forgotten the fact that she was in the middle of a dinner with me when the phone rang. Because the moment I approached to call her, she seemed to be so much invested in that call.

So, I go back to the table and clean it.

I don't think she would want to it after the call ends anyway.

"Babe?"

The voice that has become my favorite echoes from the living room.

"Yeah?" I answer back from the kitchen. "I'm in the kitchen, Love"

"Yeah" Lisa replies before popping into the kitchen in smart casual. A car key dangling in her left hand.

"Going somewhere?" I ask her.

"I'm out meeting someone. You don't have to wait for me"

"What?" I look at the clock. It's almost 9.

"Isn't it too late now?"

"Yeah. But I need to go. I'm sorry, baby" she kisses me goodbye and vanishes through the door. I stare at the spot she stood a minute ago. I didn't even get to kiss her a goodbye and she didn't even tell me that she loves me.

Stomping my feet, I quickly take the medicine from the clinic and go back to my room to take a rest.

•••

I play with my phone because I'm waiting for her. It's almost 4 in the morning but she still hasn't come back home yet.

"God, Lisa. Where are you"