OWAM (2) The Kim

Jennie stands in the kitchen, ready to prepare dinner for her family when Jisoo walks in with a bouquet of roses and tons of balloons. Her goofy smile lights up her pretty face as she hands the love of her life the bouquet and brushes her lips against Jennie's.

"Omo, what is this for?" Jennie asks adorably as she sniffs the roses. The fresh smell literally makes Jennie's smile turns wider. "For my beautiful wife" Jisoo utters.

"You are my sun, my moon and all of my stars" the brunette Korean says as she takes Jennie's hands into hers and start spinning the petite girl adorably in the kitchen.

Jennie laughs as she dances with her wife. They are both enjoying themselves until Jisoo unexpectedly falls to one knee, her one hand holding on to Jennie tightly.

"I know we have been through lots of things. Ups and downs. And I know that there were times when you felt like giving up on me, on us because you thought we couldn't go on anymore but then you didn't because you didn't want to let us go. And I'm forever grateful to that, Jen"

"Jisoo" Jennie mutters, ready to answer the Korean back but Jisoo smiles and asks Jennie for a moment as she is trying to let her feeling out.

"And I know it's not easy to be with me. Because I make mistakes a lot but thank you, Jen. For always there to pick me up and say that you are always proud of me in everything that I have tried. Because I love you so much and I can't picture a world without you"

"You are my today and all of my tomorrows" Jisoo finishes as she stands back on her feet, pulling crying Jennie into her arms.

"Thank you, Jisoo" the petite woman says as she sobs. "For staying when you have lots of reasons to walk away"

"It's nothing" the Korean smiles.

"Come on" she gestures to Jennie as she puts on her yellow apron. "Let's cook dinner for them"

"Yeah" Jennie lets one stubborn tear rolls down her cheek. "Let's do it, Jisoo"

•••

"I'm gonna go back to the office, tomorrow" Lisa announces as she joins Jennie and Jisoo at the balcony of their penthouse.

Jennie nods as she presses her lips together. "Good decision, Lisa" she taps her hand on Lisa's shoulder. "You surely need something to do to distract your mind"

"Yeah, that's right" the young president agrees as she fixes her eyes on her child who is playing by herself on the couch.

"I think Chaeyoung misses her mommy" Lisa mutters softly. Jennie tilts her head to stare before shaking her head. "She'll manage, Lisa. Don't worry about her"

"Rosie  is still her mom" the Thai announces. "And I don't want to be selfish taking her only for me"

"Why are you still thinking that way about her?" Jisoo frowns.

"I don't know" Lisa sighs. She stares at her own hands as she speaks. "But honestly, I feel really stupid for holding on to things that keep hurting me"

Jennie pats Lisa on her shoulder gently as she speaks. She knows it takes a lot for the dark haired to come out from the room and talks to both her and Jisoo about her marriage, and how she views her wife soon after that.

Jennie wants the best for her. She has had enough of all people who hurt little sister. Lisa deserves to be happy as much as everyone does. And even if her future happiness doesn't include Rosie, Jennie accepts it. At least, the woman won't be able to hurt her sister anymore.

"You're not stupid, Lisa. You're just afraid. Afraid you won't see a life without Rosie. But I know you would eventually get over this feeling"

Lisa flashes a weak smile. "Someday" she promises. "Someday" she says again as she stares into the void with a cup of coffee in hand.

•••

"Do you miss mommy?"

Lisa kisses her little one. The girl nods.

"Do you miss her too, mama?"

"Can't say that I do" Lisa smiles. "Because you see this?" She shows her wedding ring. "As long as this ring is stuck to my finger, I don't have to miss her. Because it feels like she's just here, next to me"

Chaeyoung smiles.

"Do you love her too, mama?"

"I do" Lisa smiles. "Just like you do"

"Do you think she loves us?"

"Of course" she hugs her little one.

"I guess she misses us and loves us as much as we love and miss her"

"Then let's go home, Mama"

Home. That word strucks Lisa like a lightning on a rainy day.

We can't go home, her heart mutters.  Because we both have lost our home.

*Vote and comments*