Midnight Feud

Lisa's POV

"Rosie, are you alright?" I ask her when I see she kneels down next to the nightstand. She doesn't answer me back and I'm confused, because she is crying. I am just about to reach for her that I spot my phone lying on the floor, next to her bended knee.

I reach for it quickly and see the attachment that Somi has sent to me.

My heart stops beating, literally.

Rosie doesn't speak anything but I know I have broke her again for the second time.

"Rosie, I can explain..." I say, reaching for her but before I can finish my sentence properly, she rises to her feet and slaps me so hard I swear I might as well have some internal concussions.

Her eyes are bloodshot. Her lips are trembling.

I broke her. I broke her again.

And I am not sure why, this time even my heart feels the pain.

"Rosie, we can talk"

"What else do we have to talk, Lisa?" she yells as she reaches for her luggage and starts to load her things inside it. I try to stop but she keeps pushing me away.

"We can talk about this okay. I know I have gone overboard in this matter and I ...."

"WE ARE ON OUR HONEYMOON!" Rosie yells, stomping her feet all at once.

"WE ARE ON OUR FUCKING HONEYMOON AND YOU GOT THE NERVE TO LEAVE ME BEHIND TO FUCK SOMEONE ELSE?"

"I did no such thing" I snap back. "I didn't fuck her. I just went there to see her. And yeah, things got pretty much out of control. But I didn't fuck her"

"AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT?"

"No, I expect you to calm down and stop letting your stupid emotion takes control. We can talk about this, okay Rosie?"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT. EVER AGAIN. I'M NOT YOURS. I NEVER WILL"

And with that she runs into the bathroom, locking herself. I try to plead for her to come out so that I can explain everything to her but she refuses.

Minutes later, Rosie comes out from the bathroom in skinny jeans and black tank top. She starts marching towards the door with her luggage.

I don't want her to go.
I don't want her to leave me.

"Rosie, please don't go" I grab her wrist. She doesn't push me anyway but I know it doesn't mean that she wants to be with me either now.

"I want to go back" she says, wiping her tears. "I want to go back to Paris"

"But Mamma expects us to be here. For our honeymoon"

She stares at me like she's going to kill me. But then probably decided it's better she doesn't dirty her hand with my blood.

"Let my hand go" she says.

I immediately shake my head a no.

"I'm not gonna stay, Lisa. I'm not gonna be here for you just because you can't have the other one"

"Rosie ...."

"Just let me go"

I swear I break a little at the sight of watching her walking away with tears in her eyes.

I swear my heart winches a little at the strange pain I feel when I see her crying like that.

And I swear I am going to die knowing damn well I have broke her heart again.

But this time I'm not sure if it will ever mend.

Chaeyoung's POV

My tears won't stop. So does the pain in my heart. Every time I breath, the pain gets heavier and heavier, threatening my tears to fall down my cheeks again.

I bite my lower lip to control my emotion.

She doesn't run after me.
Not even once.
Not even when I tell her I won't stay because she couldn't have the other one.

She loves her a lot.
God, my wife. She's in love with someone else that is not me, and I don't know why it hurts me so much like this.

Do I like her?
Do I love her?
Do I?

The taxi stops and I pay the driver before dragging my luggage behind my feet. I already asked Jennie to book me a direct flight from Seoul to Paris while I was in the taxi.

Thank God, this time she didn't ask me anything.

I sit at the waiting area until my flight arrives. As the plane is about to take off, I glance one last time at the city I will be leaving behind, the city I will hate forever.

Seoul.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.