Proposal

Chaeyoung paces back and forth in her room. She is still wearing Lisa's Celiné shirt. Her phone rests flatly on the nightstand. It has been two hours since the dinner but Chaeyoung still couldn't forget about what has happened.

***FLASHBACK 1 ***

The former President  told Chaeyoung and Lisa after they got back from the toilet that the dinner was actually meant to be a surprise engagement dinner for both of them. She even presented Chaeyoung with a pretty engagement ring adorned with a huge blue diamond.

"I'm so happy when you parents told me that you have agreed to marry my baby" the former president muttered as she flashed a smile.

Next to her, Chaeyoung spotted Lisa looking as shocked as Chaeyoung was. She tried to say something to her mum but the old lady kept ignoring her.

"Mamma" Chaeyoung heard Lisa called again. This time, she took a hold of her Mamma's hand on the table every eyes diverted to glare at her direction.

"I don't want to marry her. I mean I barely know her"

"It's alright. You'll know her once you both are married to one another"

"But, I already have a girlfriend"

"I know. It's Chaeyoung right?"

"What..?? No, Mamma. It's Som..."

She was closed to mention the name but Jennie seemed to cut her off. She raised a toast and earning a chide look from Lisa.

Lisa couldn't understand it. Her unnie knew her secret. She knew the woman Lisa is currently in love with.  But she made no attempt to tell their Mamma about it.

Chaeyoung tasted bile in her mouth as Lisa gazed straight at her. The new president looked angry, hurt and disappointed. Chaeyoung didn't understand.

For once, she didn't feel such feelings. She was natural, she thought but she couldn't help from meeting her parents' eyes as they were they masterminds behind this dinner and the so called surprise.

***Flashback 2***

"What was that?" Chaeyoung asked, demanding an answer from her parents. They both kept quiet. And it bothered Chaeyoung. "God, please. Just tell me"

"I'm sorry, honey" her father said as he met her eyes. "I was the one who told former president that you have accepted the proposal"

"But why, dad? Didn't I tell you I'd find a way to save our company?"

"Your father and I knew that" her mum said. "But we just wanted to be sure. Honestly, we didn't think you'd be able to secure the fund from the group. Not when it's the new president that you are seeing. So your father and I had to go out of our way to save our company"

"But this is my life. And you guys just ruined it by asking me to marry the most snobbish brat in the world"

"Honey, I don't think Lisa is that bad. Maybe you'll realize she's the one for you someday?"

"Oh yeah? Chaeyoung smirked. "I don't think that's right, Mum. Because she hates me. And I hate her too. We don't know why but we seriously hate each other right now and I agree we can tear each other dangerously if we are to see one another again tonight or anytime soon"

****End of flashbacks***

Chaeyoung doesn't know how Lisa is feeling but she does hope that the brat has someone she can share her frustration with right now.

** Manoban Residence**

Jennie honestly has never seen Lisa cried in her life. Or okay, she was lying. Lisa cried once when Jennie and Jisoo were exchanging their vows during their wedding day. And that's it. No more tears.

But today, her tough little sister breaks down her wall, crying her eyes out ever since they got back from the awful dinner. Lisa has told her Mamma that she doesn't want nor she have any intention in tying the knot.

But Mamma keeps refusing to give in. She keeps saying that Lisa should gets all of her acts together because if Lisa doesn't marry Chaeyoung, Mamma will strip  Lisa from her  recent post  as well as all the properties that she has accessed to.

Jennie and Jisoo have tried to cheer the little one. Jisoo even mentioned that Lisa should be really lucky because Chaeyoung is so pretty and she doesn't look like she has a  mood swing problem like Jennie.

The effort ended up with Jisoo getting smacked at the back by Jennie once her wife overheard the conversation.

"Baby, I know this sounds weird as fuck but I'm kinda happy that Chaeyoung is one you are destined to spend your entire life with"

"Unnie, do you get it? I don't like her. I don't even love her. What if she's a serial killer?"

"Then we'd all be dead" Jisoo smirks  evilly.

"Honey" Jennie presses her palm flats against her forehead. "Just shut up will you?"

Jisoo laughs. "I'm just answering Lisa's question"

Jennie ignores Jisoo. Well, she does that most of the time to reset Jisoo. But her tactic doesn't work this time as Jisoo keeps making funny faces at Jennie as they talk.

"I can't promise you anything. But I'll try to reason with Mamma first thing in the morning tomorrow"

Lisa turns her head to stare at Jennie. Her eyes are puffy and her nose is red. She looks like a complete shit.

"Holy Guacamole" Jisoo curses. "You look like a girl who has been diving under a pile of smelly thrash"

Lisa is agitated against the comment. As she opens her mouth to fire, Jennie slips a kiss to Lisa's cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow, baby"

Lisa nods weakly as she witnesses Jisoo being dragged backwards by Jennie.

I don't want to marry her.
I can't.
I won't.