Again

Lisa's POV

I quickly rise to my feet, my arms are spread around her figure. She chuckles softly to my ear and breaks the hug only to cup my left cheek lovingly. 

"Been a while isn't it?" she asks warmly and I blink tears of happiness from my eyes. 

"Yeah. Been a while" I agree. 

"But you're still pretty" she praises.

"And look who's talking" I say back. 

"God, we both have 2 years of stories worth to be told" Somi says and I couldn't agree more. A lot can happen to a person in 2 years. And I am eager to know what these 2 years have meant to her. 

"My apartment?" she arches her eyebrows, wondering. "But if you are not comfortable, maybe we can just talk here like total strangers"

"Of course I'm alright with that" I hit her shoulder. She laughs. "Fine then. But let me buy something first" she points at the counter and I nod slightly. 

"Okay, done" she grabs me by the arm, clinging like she used to and I let her. Well, I see no harm in that. We are practically friends now. No more no less. We walk towards the car where I decide to be a little kind to open the door for her. 

She smirks. 

"Oh wow, a gentlewoman now?" she teases.

"I've always been one, in case you're too blind to see"

"Ugh, guess I was blind back then"

"I bet you are" I give her a teasing look and Somi grins. 

"So" I speak to her as we both buckle up. "The same unit?"

"Yep. The same one"

"I guess some things don't change"

"True enough" she echoes and I press one last smile before start driving. 

We reach her place 10 minutes later and I couldn't believe my eyes to see how things are still in their respected places in her unit. 

She still keeps my picture on her nightstand, the one she captured during our first date in New York. It's black and white because she loves it that way. 

"You still keep this?" I run my finger on the picture for a moment, adoring my happy face.

"Of course" she says, sounding a little bit shocked at my random question. "It's my most prized possession"

I laugh at that excuse. 

"No, really. You know I was an art student right? This picture reminds me of that fact every day"

"Good to know that my pretty face is helping you in discovering who you are" 

"Ugh, 2 years babe! 2 years and you cockiness hasn't slipped?"

"Like I said earlier" I beam. "Some things don't change"

"Well, I do hope that stupid thing change, though"

"Anyway, let's start with you" Somi glares. "How's life. How's your wife? And where's she?"

"That's too many questions for starter" I click my tongue as I sip my Iced Americano again. 

"Hey, just fucking answer that will you bitch?" she scolds playfully. 

"Well... umm... Life's fine. My wife's fine and she's okay"

My explanation draws a faint smile on Somi's face. "What?"

"You really don't know, right?" 

"Don't know what?" I question, baffled.