Shopping

Chaeyoung's POV

She holds my hand tightly as I grab the trolley; fear if she doesn't, I might as well slip away. We take a leisure walk through the aisles first, looking at some discounted goods on the flyer Lisa has grabbed from the counter before finally start to loading things into the trolley.

"Rosie, it's been forever..."

"My feet hurt, Rosie ..."

"Ugh, I'm so bored, I'm gonna die, Rosiee..."

"Are we feeding the whole nation or what, Rosie? ..."

"I'm sleepy, Rosie ..."

I never knew how much the youngest Manoban hates grocery shopping, but I think I do know. She's literally like a kitten afraid of bath.

"Rosie" Lisa calls as she stops abruptly. I try to remain calm so I shift my body towards her direction.

She is a few steps behind; crossing her arms, furrowing her eyebrows and positively pouting behind the white mask that she wears

Damn, I hear myself curse as my eyes land of her perfect figure. How can someone be so adorably cute and hot at the same time? Only Lisa can do this.

"What, baby?" I ask, trying to not sound too harsh or demanding or anything negative the brat will soon accuses me with.

"Didn't you hear me? I want to go back" she mutters, digging her heels in this conversation.

"I'm not deaf, baby. So, yeah I heard you"

"Then why don't we go back?" she asks, looking hella confused.

I want to smile. But I have to hide it. She seems so fucking cute with this childish side of her; begging that we go home desperately so that she can cuddle all day with me in bed. Well, to be honest I would want that too, but food comes first. Even before her. Huh!

"Because we need to reload our food, baby. And I need to eat because you know I can't stand living in a house that is lacked of food source"

"But we can just ask the maids to buy it for us"

"We apparently don't have maids" I reply as I resume the shopping, grabbing a few cans of tomato soup from the shelf.

"We can get a maid" the brat starts as she gets on her phone, tapping the screen alive. "I just need to ask unnie about the agency"

"No," I stop her, grabbing the phone before tossing it into my handbag. "We don't need one. And stop whining, baby. Come on, I know you can do this. It's just a freaking grocery shopping"

"But it's been hours!" Lisa whines dramatically.

"An hour to be precise" I turn to correct her. "And the only reason it's even that long is because you refuse to help me with stuff and only stand behind my neck to annoy me!"

"Ok, great, now you are mad at me" Lisa scowls. "I thought we were fine just now"

"Baby" I walk towards her, interlocking our fingers together. "I'm not at mad at you, okay?"

"But you yelled just now" she says, which is right and I hurry to give her a hug. It makes me feel bad too for raising my voice at my lovely Lili.

"I know" I admit. "I'm sorry, Lili"

"It's alright" she says back, pressing a kiss lightly on my arm as she clings to it again. "Shall we continue this boring trip again?" she asks and I laugh, half nodding.

The next 30 minutes, she has no longer been a pain in the ass. In fact, she does help a little with grabbing stuff from the shelves and shove them into the now packed trolley. We are strolling past the fruit section when she drags me towards the strawberry section. Happiness glitters in her eyes as she watched the pretty fruits in their respective plastic boxes.

"Oh, please Rosie! Can we have this? Can we have this?" she looks at me with her puppy eyes, knowing I'd always fall for that tactic aside her signature pout.

But I will not make it easy for her.

"Hmmm" I say, tapping my chin for a moment, acting like I'm considering her question. Lisa stares at me impatiently and you can see that she is an inch close to explode.

"Rosieeeee, please. You said I can buy strawberries if I'm civil"

"There you go" I lean in. Our faces are inches from one another.

"You are not really civil today" I complaint. "You are just messing around. Not a good helper at all. Oh yeah, and plus that whining you have been doing ever since we started the shopping thing"

"That's not fair" Lisa retorts.

"Life's unfair, darling" I tease and she pushes me away lightly. She is totally a kid, I tell you.

"But like every good, devoted wife; I'll let you have them today" I whisper to her and she hugs me quickly. "Now, give me a kiss"

"No" Lisa pushes me aside as she starts scanning which box she should pick - which she does for approximately 20 minutes straight.

"Baby, it's just damn strawberries" I say, trying to be cool.

"No, Rosie. These are holy strawberries. You have to pick up the good ones to enjoy it"

"What's so holy about that fucking fruit? Anyway if you don't pick in 10 seconds, I'm leaving"

I say as I turn around to stare. There are not many people at the counter, which is good because Lisa and I wouldn't have to line up too long.

"Baby, your time is up"

"Fine" Lisa mumbles as she grabs a box she has selected before in the first place. "I want this"

"Okay, let's go and pay"

Lisa nods as she hugs me lightly.

The thing about Lisa is that she always pays, even though I have said I'd take care for the groceries.

"No, Rosie. I'm your wife. Just let me handle all the financial thingy, okay?"

"Fine" I smile at her as I tiptoe to kiss her at the counter. The cashier stares at us, which I think is awkward and embarrassing but Lisa looks back at her, passing her debit card like the stunt is nothing weird.

"Let's go home?" Lisa asks and I can't help from smirking at that question.

"Let's go then" I say. "To this home you really eager to go back to"