Best friends

Jisoo's POV

We shift partners. Jennie takes Chaeyoung and I take the little brat. I wait until the Bentley is out of sight first before starting the engine. Next to me, Lisa is mumbling to herself.

That's the habit of herself I have learnt since we were young. Whenever she is mad, she always scolds herself quietly so that nobody can hear her. But I do, unfortunately. 

"So" I break the silence as Lisa is still keeping her mouth shuts. 

"Do you have anything to say?" I ask, my eyes are still on the road. We have been circling around the neighborhood where she stays with her wife aimlessly. "Or do you want me to take silence as your answer?"

"It's not my fault in the first place" Lisa defends herself. "I was trying to apologize and Chaeyoung lost it"

"Shit, I didn't even know what I did that blew her up"

"You don't know" I smirk. "That's why she's angry"

"What the hell, Jisoo?" she looks at me with a dangerous glare. "How am I supposed to know things if she doesn't even tell me?" 

"Maybe if you pay enough attention, you'll catch  all the  Easter egg the poor girl has been dropping your way. 

"WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?"

"Don't yell, dumbass. Yelling wouldn't get you an answer"

"Ugh, I don't know. Rosie has been acting up strange these two weeks. She's been so jealous, so possessive, so sad, angry I don't even know what to say"

"Maybe she has something to tell you?" I wink an eye and Lisa looks at me for a moment, like she gets what I'm trying to tell her but eventually she shrugs and sifts her eyes on the road. 

"Ok" I bite my lower lip. "What's that look?"

"What?" she frowns. 

"The insecure look"

"You're crazy, Jisoo. I have no insecure look"

"You sure do" I remind her. 

"Well, whatever, do you have any beers I can drink?" she stares at me with a hopeful eyes. 

"What the fuck?" I scold. "Do you think I drive around with drinks?"

"In fact I do" she snaps. 

"Well maybe under your seat" I mumble. "Jennie rides with me often now so I have to hide the cans"

"Wait" Lisa lets her hand travels under the seat and a smile pops on her lips as she brings back two cans in her hand. 

"Big catch" she mutters. "Do you want?"

"I'm driving, you dumbass"

"Well, pull over"

"No thank you. I don't want to get a tell off from Jennie"

"Coward" she coos. 

"I'm not" I push her away. "I'm just being respectful to my wife"

"Oh, all of sudden you are now the world's most obedient wife"

***

Jennie's POV

I click the door open for her and accompany her to the bed. 

"Do you want some water?"

I ask her politely. She nods and I retreat to the kitchen only to return back with a glass of water. 

Chaeyoung still seems sad about it so I pat her shoulder and pull her into a hug. 

"It's alright" I kiss the side of her face. "Don't worry. She's fine. She is just being a jerk, again"

"No" Chaeyoung shakes her head. "I was the jerk. She was just apologizing and I was being so emotional about it and yeah, we fought"

"I understand how you feel, Chae" I grab her hand and squeeze it. "I was like you too. But things will get better, I promise"

"Does that involve countless of petty fights?" she asks seriously when we gaze at each other. 

But I can't help from smiling at her question.

"It depends on Lisa. If she has the patience, in which we know she doesn't"

"But I hate fighting her. I love her, unnie"

"I know" I kiss her forehead. 

"Anyway, if you want me to - ..."

"No" she says. "I want to, unnie"

"Fine. Then do it"

"I just don't know how" she admits.

"Like you heard her right unnie?"

"Oh, Chae" I stare at her pathetically. 

"You know she didn't mean that. She was just trying to be neutral. But it came out wrong, I admit"

"But seriously, it'd be something that makes her the happiest"

"I know" she tells. 

"Now, sleep, Chae. You need it. I'll probably talk to Lisa when she gets home. Don't worry, okay?"

"Alright, unnie" she yawns before falling asleep. 

***

"Is she sleeping?" 

Lisa asks when she gets home. Next to her, Jisoo stands with a straight face. 

"Yeah she's sl - ... WAIT DID YOU DRINK MANOBAN?" I roll my eyes at her as I push her away from the room door. 

"It's just a fucking one can of beer" she tells me. 

"I thought we talked about this" I say to Jisoo who is now frowning. 

"I didn't do anything" she mutters. "It's Lisa who wanted to drink it"

"And you let her?" I scowl. "What a great person you are, KIM JISOO"

"Ugh, Jen. Honey. Hear me out"

"I'll deal with your shit later. Right now I just want to talk to my sister"

"Fine" Jisoo pouts. "I'll be in the kitchen"

"Okay"

"What?" Lisa asks as I pull her to the couch in the hall. 

"You know what, Lisa? You need patience. A hell of them"

"What? Why?" 

"No question. Just want to tell you that Chaeyoung isn't in her best self now"

"Lol, you don't have to tell me. I already know that"

"Just wanting you to know better" I tell her. 

"Is it her time now?" Lisa asks. "She's like that when it's her time of the month"

"Yes" I smile. "She in that time. She'll explain further to you, okay?"

"Fine, unnie"

"Okay. I'll take my leave. Apologize to her, Lisa. Be the matured one"

"Fine"

I kiss her goodbye and wrap my arm around Jisoo.

"Do you think they'll be alright?" Jisoo asks.

"They better be" I smile at her. 

**Vote and comments** or I'll end the story here 🔪🥑❤️