OWAM (2) Childhood

Flashback

Childhood

Lisa sits on her bed anxiously as she eyes the clock. It's a quarter to 12 and she can't wait for it. How would it be later? Will there be a surprise cake? Will her Mamma hug her? Will she get a shitload of gifts? Lisa doesn't know.

The eight - year - old waits patiently until the clock strikes 12 in the midnight where the date changes and she stays still on her bed, waiting for her anyone to walk into the room and sings her a happy birthday.

And she is right. Because the moment she looks at the door with a hopeful eyes, a creak is heard and within seconds she sees Jennie smiling widely at her with a small cupcake in hand.

"Happy birthday, baby" she says when she wraps her arm around Lisa neck. "I'm sorry if I woke you up"

"I was waiting" the young girl says with a toothy grin.

"And here's the cake" Jennie shows the small, vanilla scented cupcake she has been holding carefully. "I made it today for you at school. I hope you like it"

"Of course, I will like it, Unnie"

The older girl smiles as she plants a cute, pink candle into the cake and lights it up.

"Make a wish" she says and Lisa nods before bowing the candle off.

"Thank you" the young girl says. "For remembering my birthday"

"What are you talking about? Of course I remember your birthday. We are sisters, aren't we?"

"Does Mamma remember it too?"

Jennie nods as she tucks a lost strand from Lisa's messy bun to the back of her ear. "She does. But she's busy. Anyway I'm here, right?"

"Yes, you're here"

"And I guess that's enough"

"Sure, unnie"

"I love you, Lisa. Always remember that"

"And I love you too"

*votes and comments* 💜