OWAM (2) Lunch

Lisa reads her schedule carefully

Lisa reads her schedule carefully. It's the one printed by Nayeon and left on her desk this morning as she phoned her how she would be late because her little daughter was throwing a tantrum. 

She studies the schedule and notices she has a lunch date at Hilton. No further detail. Just a word lunch date written over there, amidst all the crazy conferences she would have to attend before and after that. 

Sighing a little, a knock on the door wakes her up. 

"Come in" her raspy voice echoes in the room. Seulgi smiles nervously as she walks in. Lisa throws her a questionable look. 

"Did cat get your tongue, Kang?" she teases the head of the financial department. "You are strangely quiet"

"Lisa, I think we both need to talk"

"Sure" Lisa sets aside her documents. "About what?"

"Not here" the woman mutters. "Somewhere else. Outside maybe?"

"Aish. In that case you can set it up with Nayeon. She's my secretary so she knows how my day is going to be most of the time"

"NO!" Seulgi says immediately before covering her own mouth. "I mean. Let's not make it formal. She doesn't have to know"

"You are not going to talk to me about hot girls you are chasing around right?" Lisa looks skeptically at the woman. Last time Seulgi talked like this, she made Lisa listened to her long list of hot girls she had wanted to date. 

"No. I mean. This is very personal"

"Is it about Miyeon?" Lisa guesses. "Seulgi, Miyeon and I are friends nowadays. Nothing more, nothing less"

"No, Lisa. Cool down. It's not about girls. I swear"

"Then, what is this about?"

Seulgi is about to open her mouth when Nayeon walks in with a smile and another file. 

"Here is another file" the woman says as she looks at Lisa. "God, Lisa. You look really thin nowadays" Nayeon says as she runs her hand down Lisa's jawline. "Are you sure you're getting enough food and sleep?"

"Of course, Nayeon" Lisa grins. "Don't you worry. This is normal"

"Alright. Anything you need, you can just tell me, okay?" the woman says as she walks away with a flirty smile.

"What the hell was that?" Seulgi mumbles. "It's called safe flirting. Nothing else. Just for fun"

"But you are married, Lisa"

"About to get a divorce" Lisa reminds her. Her own heart aches at the thought. 

"Anyway, how about tonight at the usual pub? I mean, Jisoo will be there too. It'd be like the old time"

"Fine" Lisa nods. "I'll go with Jisoo then"

"Deal" Seulgi smiles before leaving the office abruptly. 

***

Lisa walks into the so said restaurant in her schedule. But all she manages to find is an occupy table. Sitting down, she clears her throat and starts to play her phone as she waits for her food to arrive.

"I see you are early" a harsh voice greets Lisa. She lifts her eyes from the phone only to snarl in enmity.

"What the fuck that you are doing here?" she mutters quietly as she eyes Chanyeol sitting across her, smirking.

"Our lunch meeting" he announces. "Did you forget?"

"What?" Lisa asks. "This lunch is with you?"

"Yes" the guy nods. "I hope you don't mind?"

"Thank you for the invitation but I have to go now" Lisa snaps as she stands up and about to walk away when Chanyeol mentions something that makes her stops abruptly.

"Let's talk about Roseanne"

"Don't ever say her name" Lisa groans as she faces the monster.

"I'd call her whatever the heck that I want" the guy says before he laughs maniacally. "So, shall we be seated?"

Lisa knows she is supposed to walk away. But then a part of her demands to stay. She wants to know what the fuck that her Rosie sees in this man, that she doesn't see in Lisa. She wants to know that so fucking bad. So yes, she turns her heels back towards the table and sit. Her eyes are on the guy all the fucking time.

"You're pretty" Chanyeol compliments the dark haired.

"Strange" Lisa snaps coldly. "Coming from you, it feels like an insult"

Chanyeol smirks.

"When I first met Roseanne at the clinic, I asked her if she was happy and you know what she said?" Chanyeol narrows her eyes as the smirks grow wider.

"She was in total silence. Like she didn't know if she was at all happy..."

"Bullshit" Lisa curses. "Rosie would never do that"

"She did, Lisa. And she did the same thing too when I said if she loved you"

"No" Lisa clenches her jaws. "You. Are. Fucking. Lying"

"And you know when I said to her, she probably need a real man to help her discover herself, she didn't say anything" Chanyeol's tone turns darker.

"It's like she was literally agreeing to everything I said"

"Maybe it's true then" he laughs to Lisa's face. "That she's just in love with the idea of loving you"

"Shut the fuck up" Lisa yells as she slaps the guy until he falls from his chair. Heads are turn to stare at them. "You are an asshole" Lisa adds before she gives him a good kick in his private area.

Chanyeol's voice echoes in the whole fucking dining area but Lisa doesn't care. Her heart is breaking into tiny little pieces now and she isn't sure if she ever can even re - attach everything if it together.

•••

She drives straight to the pub crying. She doesn't care how people are perceiving her at that moment, she just wants to disappear into thin air.

Chanyeol's words still linger in her head when she takes the first sip of Vodka. It's has been quite a while that she had been restraining herself from drinking but today, she just can't.

Those poisonous words literally killed her right there and right then. How can Rosie didn't say anything when he asked her if she was happy? How can Rosie didn't even respond when he said she probably needed a real guy to help her finding who she was?

Lisa doesn't know. All she knows is that she is hurt and broken and she feels like dying but she can't because God won't take her back.

Never in her life that she prays hard to die than she does at the moment when she takes another bottle of Vodka, ignoring the burning sensation she gets in her throat.

She is done. Really done.

**Vote and comments* Are you team Lisa 💜or Rosie 🥑