Lunch With The Kim

"Yah, Lalisa

"Yah, Lalisa. Stop stealing my food!" Jisoo warns playfully as she slaps Lisa's hand. The young president lets out a giggle before continues to mess up with her sister - in - law, enjoying every moment when Jisoo squeals as Lisa steals another piece of her fried chicken.  Next to them, Jennie squints her cat eyes.

"What the fuck, guys?" She blurts as she chews on her salad. "Stop the unnecessary fighting" Jennie says before sipping her juice.

"I would, Unnie. But look at your wife! She doesn't want to share her food with me!"

"This is my chicken. Don't you dare poke into my food again or I swear I'll haunt your dream"

"I don't care! Give me another piece" Lisa shakes her head and holds her fork carefully, aiming another piece of chicken on Jisoo's plate.

"Noooo" Jisoo sticks her tongue, pushing her plate away from Lisa who is already on her feet to chase the plate. Jennie sighs. She feels as if she's having a lunch with two elementary kids.

"I swear I'm gonna strangle you both on your beds tonight  if you don't shut up!"

"Whoaa, Unnie" Lisa laughs. "You sound like a serial killer"

"Oh my God, I'm scared" Jisoo mutters as she mimicking her wife.

These two; Jennie studies; can be a bickering duo but  partners in crime too. Sometimes, Jennie would find herself in a situation where Jisoo and Lisa would gang up against her. And it makes her smile, despite their annoyance, to see them bond with one another.

"Stop stealing each other's food and finish your own meals now" Jennie orders as she crosses her fork and spoon on the plate.

She sounds stern and dangerous like the famous Vice President Jennie Kim which obviously different from Jennie that Jisoo and Lisa have known. A bit frightened, both Lisa and Jisoo stop quarrelling and focus on finishing their meals.

"Now they know how to shut up their mouths and finish the fucking food!" Jennie thinks to herself as she takes another sip of her juice.

*****************************************************

"Baby - yah" Jisoo starts as she chews on her last chicken streak. "How's work anyway?"

"Fine, I think" the young president replies, taking a bit of her dumpling. "Well, actually I'd say cheers because Bo - Young is actually a bit nice of a person"

"The grim?" Jennie asks, staring in disbelief at her little sister. She knows how much Lisa hates Bo - Young. The secretary seems so immersed into her job and the way she always performs her work; arranging meeting after meeting makes Jennie wonder if that woman actually has a social life to live.

"Bo - Young ... The grim one, right?"
"Bingo, Unnie! You won the guess. What shall I give you my dear darling sister?"

"Well what happened? I thought you hated her?"
"I was" Lisa rolls her eyes playfully. "But then she said since she'll be taking care of my business related engagements as well as my personal ones, she'd do whatever shit I'll ask her to do"

"Like what shit?" Jisoo intervenes. Looking interested with a sly smile. Jennie probably knows the smile, she hits her wife out of jealousy on the shoulder.

"YAH, KIM JISOO. HOW DARE YOU POP THAT FLIRTY SMILE! YOU'RE MY WIFE AND WE'VE BEEN MARRIED FOR OVER A YEAR NOW AND YOU'RE THINKING TO CHEAT ON ME WITH LISA'S SECRETARY?"

The wife smiles in pain as she hurries to wrap her hands around Jennie's small figure, pressing her lips firm on Jennie's shoulder. "Darling, don't misunderstood. I love you so much, you know"

"Then what's with the smile?" Jennie pouts. She seems so adorable when she does that so Jisoo leans in to kiss her cheek.

"It's just me. I'm Kim Jisoo. I smile. You don't, Jendeuk!"

Jisoo arches her eyebrows twice and all of them laugh so hard, tears are in their eyes.

"Give me thousands of friend chickens, Jennie. But it's you I'd always choose"

Jennie falls into a deep blush as she leans into hugging Jisoo on the arm. Lisa stares at the lovebirds. Love has always been a thing of theirs.

"Aww, unnies. You guys are so sweet. I think I'm gonna puke"

"Then, go to the washroom" Jisoo fires back playfully. "Don't puke here. My pretty wife and I are still wanting to enjoy our lunch date"

"So, this is a date? Like a lunch date?" Lisa asks as she sips Jennie's juice.

Jisoo nods. "A lunch date with my wife. But you don't have a date. Because you are so single"

Jennie laughs with Jisoo as they study Lisa's face. The young president pouts as she hears such comment and folds her arms like she always does when she's angry.

"Kidding, baby" Jisoo winks an eye. "Don't be mad"
"Yeah, don't be such a baby, Lisa" her elder sister agrees.

"No, I'm not. Actually, I was supposed to go for a lunch date with Somi but your loving, pretty wife makes me eat lunch right now with you"

"Oh, who's this Somi?"

"Lisa's newest crush" Jennie yawns.

"Oh, do you have a picture? Show me. Let me judge her for you. I'm a very good people teller"

"What's people teller?" Lisa wonders at the word.

"It's like you are able to tell people inside and out? I don't know" Jennie shrugs. "I think Jisoo here has made out the term"

"No, wifey. I'm telling you the truth. I can see through people and I'll tell you what I see"

"No thanks" Jennie says. "This Somi thing is just Lisa's fuck buddy I think. So yeah, I don't think they'll even last"

"Unnie!" The young president sulks. "I've told you. I feel like she's the one for me"

"The one like Jendeuk to me?"

Lisa nods enthusiastically.

"Oh, dear. She has got it bad, Jen"

"I actually talked to Mamma about her" Jennie starts as she passes her credit card to the waiter with their bill.

"And she didn't see too pleased with that idea, Lisa. I mean, come on
You guys barely know one another"

"Unnie, we can try you know?"

"That's it. Try. But even try is a vague word. You can't really know what you're going to get from such thing"

"But, unnie!" The little sister whines. "You promised to help"

"No" Jennie shakes her head. "I told you I'd talk to Mamma  and I did say I didn't guarantee what the outcome might be"

"But you're her favorite. She must listen to you, right?"

"But you're her little princess, baby. I think that's superior than being a favorite"

"Yah, Unnie. You're making me sad" Lisa utters as she bites her lower lip. She doesn't want to break up with Somi. There's something about her that makes Lisa so happy and she needs the feeling so badly.

The waiter returns with Jennie's credit card and a long receipt. As Jennie and Jisoo kiss one another outside the restaurant, the cat eyed woman fixes her hand to her little sister, dragging her behind into the Royce that has been waiting for them.