OWAM (2) DARK DAYS

*Flashback*

"Rosie!"

Jennie calls as she walks into her home. "God, they found her, Rosie!" the petite woman says as she wraps her arms around the blonde. Rosie couldn't say anything. She is too overwhelmed to hear such news. 

"Where's she?"

"She's in the hospital. I'm coming to fetch you"

"But, Chaeng..." Rosie says as she turns to look at her sleeping daughter. 

"It's alright. The maid will watch over her"

"Alright" Rosie nods as she grabs her back and follows Jennie immediately. 

None of them speak anything during the drive to the hospital. Soon as they arrive, Rosie runs to the front desk. 

"Lalisa Manoban" she speaks. "My wife. Do you know where she is?"

"She is on the upper level" the nurse says. "The operation theatre Wing C"

"Thank you" Rosie mutter as she runs as fast as she can to the upper level. She doesn't take the elevator. She doesn't want to waste anymore time before she can see the Thai again. 

Her limbs are burning by the moment she sees Jisoo sitting at the waiting hall. Her face expression is rigid, like she is been troubling by an unbearable news. 

"Jisoo" Rosie calls as she pants. "Where's she?"

"There" Jisoo points at the closed door. "Surgery"

"What's wrong?"

"She has been shot. 3 bullets. One in her leg; two in her torso. She has a punctured lung and God knows if there's a brain hemorrhage" 

The blonde falls flat to the floor as she hears that.

"Oh my God" Jisoo tugs her arms around the blonde, helping her to her feet again.

"She'll be fine" the older woman promises. "Don't worry, Rosie"

*Flashback ends*

It has been two weeks since everyone almost lost Lisa. And it has been a fucking hell of two weeks that Rosie has to live without her other part. She occupies the ward frequently than she is supposed to and spends hours talking to her unconscious wife.

She holds Lisa's hand tightly, as if wanting to send some of her courage to the Thai; so that when Rosie opens her eyes again, she can see that pretty face all awakes, smiling at her again.

She kisses Lisa's lips and hugs her carefully when the doctor isn't around, whispering lots of wonderful things the Thai has missed because she is stuck on the hospital bed. But still, Lisa remains unconscious. The doctor has told her family that due to her injuries, they aren't sure when the Thai is going to wake up.

But she will, they assure her. Even though it is time consuming.

And to Rosie, that's more than enough. She is willing to wait for Lisa, no matter how long it takes. She is willing to wait. Because she knows, even if Lisa's here, she'd say the same thing too. Waiting isn't easy but Rosie knows that somehow in the end, it would worth it all.

"You should go back" Jennie says as she walks into the room with bags in both hands. "I'll watch Lisa for today"

"No, unnie" Rosie declines as she stares at the pretty face who seems like she's sleeping. "I want to be with her"

"But you have left her side for two weeks already, Rosie"

"I can't. It makes me scared to be away from her"

Slowly, Jennie sighs. She is impressed at how deeply in love Rosie is with her little sister. And she is somehow glad that it is Rosie her little sister builds a family with.

"Just go home" the cat eyed instructs. "Take a good rest and sleep and come back first thing tomorrow"

"Unnie, I ..."

"Chaeyoung misses her mommy too" the Korean says. "Just go home, Rosie"

With a heavy sigh, the blonde nods. "But you promise you'll keep me updated?"

"I promise" Jennie nods.

"Fine. I'll go home" the blonde says as she leans forward and kisses Lisa on her forehead. "I'll go home first, love" she whispers to the sleeping figure. "But don't be afraid. I won't leave you. I love you so much"

"Take my car" Jennie says as the Mercedes' key exchanges hands.

Standing at the doorframe, Rosie looks at Lisa for once again before walking away.

•••

"Stay" Lisa hears the blonde's voice. "For me. For our family" she hears the voice again before her eyes automatically opened. The bright light hurts her eyes immediately and before she can say anything, she sees Jennie with teary eyes.

She doesn't hear her. But she sees her lips loving.

She wants to say something. But her body insists she sleeps. And within seconds, she falls back into total darkness.

•••

"She was awake when I walked to her bed" Jennie mentions to Jisoo as she holds her little sister's hand. "But then when the doctor came, she fell back to sleep. And he said it was a normal thing for  patients like her to jerk awake sometimes like that"

"So, it's like a normal reaction?" Jisoo taps her chin and Jennie nods. "Do you think we should tell Rosie?"

"No. Not yet. I don't want to worry her"

"Alright then. But I do hope she wakes up again"

"Me too, Jisoo" Jennie sighs. "Me too"

*votes and comments*