The Talk

Jennie's POV

Mamma sits on her chair, crossing her legs as she kisses the cheek my little baby daughter whom I have given birth to 3 months ago lovingly. Well, maybe I should say it has been a long time since I last saw her smile like that.

"Uh, she's so adorable" Mamma mutters as she passes Bella back to my arms. The little fatty chuckles as she wraps her tiny fingers around mine. I kiss the top of her head that is already full with tiny, brown hair.

"I never thought I could be a mom someday, Ma" I tell Mamma as she takes a sip of tea from her cup. She nods, beaming again hearing such statement.

"I know right. So, tell me how you and Jisoo are holding up with the baby?"

"Nothing hard, Mamma" my sweet wife tells her as she wraps an arm around my waist, pulling Bella and I closer towards her on the couch.

"This sweet little dumpling over here is a very good baby. She loves her nap, drinks a lot of milk and plays a lot when we are around. So, yeah it's very good. Hectic but very good"

"I'm glad you are both so happy now" Mamma looks at me before at Jisoo then at the baby in my arms.

"Anyway, have you heard about your little sister?"

"No, apparently we don't see each other much these days"

"She doesn't even contact me" Jisoo adds as we both turn our heads at her direction.

"Well, that's weird" Mamma mutters, pressing her lips together. She looks as if she is frowning, thinking about Lisa when her phone rings and she picks it up.

"I'm sorry, sweethearts" Mamma says as the phone call is over. "I have to go out for a moment. We'll talk later"

I raise to my feet, kissing her cheeks. She smiles as she taps my cheek back and reaches for her handbag before walking away.

Jisoo is already snuggling with Bella on the playmat when I turn my head to stare. Chuckling a little, I join them on the playing mat. My three - month - old enjoys my company the best that her darling Mama, I think that she often drives her attention to me than Jisoo.

"Ahh, you little dumpling. Always wanting your Mommy" Jisoo pouts.

I laugh. "Oh, honey. Don't pout. You're always working. Maybe that's why she doesn't really close to you"

"But you're always working too"

"Maybe because she's Mommy's little girl?" I tease and Jisoo acts if she is going to puke.

We laugh together soon after that, lacing our fingers together as I put Bella on top of my chest, inhaling her scent.

"Jisoo?"

Jisoo doesn't answer me back. But I know she's all ears.

"Do you think Lisa and Chae are alright?"

That makes Jisoo turns to stare. We lock our eyes for a moment, obviously not knowing just what to say.

"I don't know. But they better be. Because we are happy now, dumpling"

"I know right. But I keep feeling as if they are falling out of love with one another"

"Do you want to visit them later?"

I smile at that suggestion. "I'll text Chae"

Chaeyoung's POV

I take her in my arms. Lucky me, she is not a fuss baby. Well, Jisoo unnie says it's mainly because Bella sees her Mommy next to my shoulder. Or otherwise she wouldn't even want to be lifted away from Jennie.

"Omo, Unnie, she's so cute. I can't believe at how big she is now"

"Yep, she drinks a lot of milk" Jennie unnie replies as she takes a sip of her tea from the cup. I was to make her a coffee, her favorite drink but she says since she is breastfeeding Bella, so she has stopped from drinking coffee.

"But we asked the doctor the other day and yeah, she said it's normal for a growing up baby like her"

"Hey Chayoungie" Jisoo unnie calls as she looks at me. "Where's Lisa? I haven't seen her"

"Oh" I sigh a little but quickly to pop a fake smile. I hope they don't see that.

"She's probably still in the office" I say. It's true enough. Lisa seems to be married to her job more these days than to me. I can't complaint. She wouldn't even listened to me now.

"At 9?" Jennie unnie frowns. "Well that isn't anything like my brat little sister"

"I know right" I fake a laugh. But I sound hurting and pathetic. I curse myself for that when Jennie unnie takes a casual glare at me for a moment before leaning in to take Bella and passes it to Jisoo.

"I think we need to talk, Chae" she offers me her hand. I nod, trying my best not to break up at such offer. Jisoo watches us both with Bella as we walk towards the vast balcony and shut the door locked.

"Are you ..." Jennie unnie begins to interrogate but I cut her sentence off as I fit myself to her hug, crying like baby.

"It's okay, Chae" she strokes my back with her gentle hand. "It's okay. Just let it out. I've got you forever" Jennie mutters to my ears and I cry harder.

She has always been like an unnie to me. And in times like this, I am truly grateful for that.

"Are you going to tell me?" she asks after we settle on a bench at the balcony. I nod, holding her hand for support as my heart aches.

"But I don't know where to start"

"You can just pick anywhere you like"

"Fine" I stifle a sob. "I think we have lost one another, unnie"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, we practically don't live together anymore"

The data must have shocked Jennie Unnie a lot that her eyes grow bigger than their actual sockets and she has to drag one palm before her mouth to hide her shock.

"God, you are living separately now?"

I nod. "But not that too separate you know. She still comes back home. But normally at hours she knows I'd be sleeping so that she won't have to encounter me"

"That's fucking weird" Jennie unnie crosses her arms as I play with the end of my hair.

Fidgeting.

"And we don't talk anymore. It's been 2 months. And she is keeping her lips shut"

"Did you .... " Jennie unnie's voice trails off. "Do something wrong?" she guesses, all too carefully so that she doesn't hurt my already broken heart.

"I swear I didn't do anything" I look at Jennie unnie. She seems concern.

"Maybe she accidentally saw you with ... I don't know ... someone else?"

"No, I have been trying to be loyal to her ever since we got back together"

"Well, the way I know her, she would behave like a bitch like this if she is jealous"

"Unnie, I have never done anything that would provoke her to be so jealous of me. Just look at me. I'm a housewife now. I have left everything that I used to love behind for her. What else does she fucking want?"

"Maybe she wants to be a housewife too?" Jennie unnie says, jokingly.

I couldn't help from laughing a litte. Slowly, she wipes my tears away and kisses my temple lightly.

"I think I'll ask her later when we meet, Chae" she promises me.

"You will?" I look up at her like a child. She smiles beautifully as she nods.

"Don't worry, pretty face. She'll be okay. You'll be okay. I know"