OWAM (3) Hope

She smokes.

One after one.

A pack after a pack.

Walking down the street to nowhere specific, she lets the cold wind brush against her skin.

Her heart burning at the thought of not having anyone to chase her from behind.

Things changed, she hears her heart whispers. And it's worst because for once, it's like she's missing. Missing something that she never can get back no matter how hard she tries.

Her Roseanne.

Her loving Roseanne.

She lost her. Because all that is left is just another figure that stays but never knows why anymore.

"I see you are having a bad day"

A velvety voice speaks from her back. Lisa smokes the last cigarette from her second pack and turns to look, despair in her eyes as she is met by a lanky figure she could never forget no matter what.

The first person she ever loved.

The first person she ever learnt to care for.

"Suzy?" she frowns in disbelief and the woman chuckles, stepping carefully towards the president with a huge smile decorating her face, the same smile that melts Lisa's heart years ago.

"Hell, yes" Suzy nods, clasping both hands politely on her front. "Now, enough about me. What's wrong, Lisa? You only smoke if you fucked up"

She points at the cigarette in between the Thai's fingers. "You don't expect me to forget, do you?"

"You're here," Lisa says and the woman chuckles. "Of course. Korea is my home"

"You used to say I was your home"

Lisa blurts automatically before cursing herself internally for bringing that thing up again.

But Suzy just smiles. She gives Lisa a hug worth years that they both had once lost.

"Still are" the woman winks. "But we'll talk about that later. What's wrong, brown eyes?"

If anything, the stupid nickname makes Lisa laughs.

"I'm fine" she lies but Suzy knows her like the back of her hand. She shakes her head and intertwines their hands together. "Lie to someone else, Lisa. It doesn't work on me"

"Fuck" Lisa grins sadly. "I should have known that"

"We should really talk, you know" Suzy raises her brows as she notices the wedding band around Lisa's ring finger. "I think we have to tell each other a long, overdue stories"

"Sure" Lisa half bows her head, laughing. "After you, my lady"

"Idiot" the woman hits the Thai's shoulder playfully before walking into what seems like a bar not far from where they met.

***

"I don't know where she is"

The blonde talks to Jennie.

"We got into a fight and ..."

"Well, you deserved that" Jennie chides, arms in the air. "I mean, you made my little sister looked like a complete fool, waiting for you"

"Jen" Roseanne looks at her. "I said, I was sorry to her"

"It's hard"

"If she's not so pigheaded"

"Whoa" Jennie chuckles. "I really thought that Lisa was delusional when she said you've changed. But probably she's right you know"

"I don't understand"

"Don't be" Jennie yawns as she tilts her head to the left where she spots Lisa walking in.

"And she's home"

She stands up, wraps her arms around her lanky little sister's waist.

"We were worried" she says, pointing at Roseanne who is crossing her arms.

"Well, mostly, Roseanne of course"

"Hmm, okay"

Lisa hums as she walks into the bedroom and changes into a pair of pyjamas.

By the time she walks back to the living room, her sister is nowhere to be found.

"We need to talk"

"No" Lisa shuts her eyes. "There's nothing to be talked about"

•••

vote afterwards ❤️