The Secretary

Official Secretary to President Lalisa Manoban

Lee Bo - Young

Her phone rings. Once and twice, third and fourth until it reaches the tenth that Lisa wakes up grumpily from her sleep; wrapping her fingers fully around the poor device and slams it hard against the hard floor.

The phone goes silent as a loud bang is produced once it hits the floor and Lisa smirks evilly as she watches the phone scatters into tiny different parts. 

"It serves you right" she mutters as she hits the sack back, more than ready this time to resume her dream. But as she takes a deep breath, another sound wakes her from the slumber. Lisa sits upright on her bed, eyeing annoyingly at the door where the sound comes from.

Sluggishly, she reaches the doorknob and twists it to the left. The room springs open ajar as she peeps.

Her Mamma.

She stands perfectly in white blouse and black slacks. A Burberry handbag lingers in her arm. She gives Lisa a warm smile as she leans in to kiss the newly appointed president on both cheeks.

"Morning, baby"

"Morning, Mamma. You look pretty"

The former president lets out a soft laugh as she nods; agreeing to what her youngest daughter has just said.

"Anyway baby. Dress up. You are late to the office"

"But I'm tired" Lisa pleads, yawning a little as a proof to her lack of sleep.

"Baby, I have just appointed you as the president of our group. You can't always misbehave like this, you know" her Mamma advises as she reaches for the young girl's hand.

"Let me send you to the office, okay? I have to pick something from Bo – Young too"

"Ahh, Mamma .... Please .... I just want to sleep"

The former president shakes her head as she laughs again, dragging her baby daughter to the toilet.

"Take your bath and I'll ask the maid to put out your clothes on the bed, okay? Do you have any color preference?"

"No, Mamma. Anything that you pick would be good"

The former president smiles, pressing her lips against Lisa's forehead. "Have a good bath, baby. But don't be late okay? I'll be downstairs if you need me to help you with your hair" the old woman says. "But you don't need me anymore. My baby has grown up"

"Nooo, I need you still, Mamma" the young president tells as she hugs her Mamma.

"Go to shower. I'll be waiting"

"Alright" Lisa says at last. She doesn't want to go to the office at all, but maybe she can do this for her Mamma.

***