OWAM (2) You Are My Home

She opens her eyes to an empty warehouse. She is not sure where she is right now but she knows very well that she is on the edge of dying. Breathing poorly but properly, she tries to keep her palm compresses against the wound in her torso. 

She is no doctor. But Lisa knows damn well that the first step to keep herself alive at that moment is to apply some compression against the fucking wound in her torso. Taking off her jacket that smell much like bloody blood now, she presses it against the bullet's wounds with her palm. 

The pain is killing her. She swear it is slowly making her see the light. But the Thai refuses death. No, she mutters to herself as she tries to sit. "I won't die unless I see her again" 

Gritting her teeth, Lisa rumbles through the pocket of her jeans and she finds her phone with Rosie's face greets her first thing when the screen comes alive. Lisa smiles sadly at the picture. She isn't sure if she'll be back for her again tonight as she has promised her wife and their little one, but as for now, she is determined to hear Rosie's voice for once again. And the rest, Lisa thinks to herself - she'll let God decides it for her. 

She grabs the small device in her blood covered hand and clicks the blonde's name. It takes quite a few rings before she hears the honey coated, melodic voice again. 

"Lisa?" the voice calls, sounding tense. 

"Hi, baby" Lisa forces herself to sound as normal as she can as the pain keeps biting her back ferociously. 

"OH MY GOD, LISA! WHERE ARE YOU? COME BACK!"

"I'm..." Lisa winches as the pain kills her again. 

"God" she hears Rosie starts to sob. "You are hurt, aren't you?"

"No, baby" she affirms her wife. "I'm alright" she says weakly but Rosie isn't anywhere to buy that.

"Just tell me" she cries. "Tell me where you are and I'll pick you right away"

"Baby" Lisa shuts her eyes. "Just talk to me" she begs calmly. "I need your voice to be the last thing I hear"

"What?" Rosie rises to her feet as she frantically searches for her car key. "Just fucking tell me where you are, love. I'll pick you up. Don't say things like this. I need you. Our little one needs you too"

"Chaeyoung" Lisa smiles. "She looks like you, Rosie. I swear she does" the Thai chuckles as she pictures the face of her daughter, the one she shares with the Korean. "I swear she even behaves like you. A mommy's girl, huh?"

"But she loves you a lot" Rosie sobs. "And you know how broken she'll be if you won't come back for us"

"I want to" Lisa says. "I want to go back home. That's why I call you"

"Lisa..."

"You're my home, Rosie"

"Lisa, please" the Korean cries as she talks. "Please tell me, where you are, love. I'm not ready for this. I don't want to lose you. Please. Just come back"

Rosie is sobbing when Jisoo walks into the room. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"It's Lisa" is the the only thing the blonde can say. Quickly, Jisoo snatches the phone from her grip and presses the device against her own ear. 

"Where are you?" she asks solemnly. 

"I" Lisa takes a deep breath as the pain kills her. "don't know ...."

"We'll get you out of there" Jisoo says. "Anywhere you are. Just stick on the line and I'll call the police to trace your location"

"There's no use for that anymore"

"Are you hurt"

"I'm just gonna die"

"No you're not" Jisoo says. "You're going to be home for this Christmas, Manoban. With your wife and your kid"

"As a spirit?" the Thai jokes, causing the Korean to smile a little. 

"You know; as a friend you are jerk. But as a sister, I miss your presence"

Jisoo gives the phone back to Rosie, urging her to keep Lisa on the line as she calls the police. 

"They are going to come" Rosie coos as Lisa starts losing her consciousness. 

"I'm sorry, Rosie. I'm sorry"

"Don't go" Rosie sobs again. "Just stay. Stay with me, Lisa"

"I'm cold" the Thai whines weakly. "Like really cold"

"It's okay" Rosie comforts the Thai. She can hear the loud siren approaching wherever the heck Lisa is right now. "Just stay for a moment. For me. For our family"

***

"We found her" a group of paramedics yell as they spot the Thai resting her head against the cold wall of the warehouse. There is a pool of blood around her and when they remove the jacket from her torso, one of the paramedics comes forward, pressing a clean cloth against the wound. 

"Hey, Lisa" one says as she checks on her. Lisa doesn't recognize the voice but she knows the person is talking to her. 

"The pulse is going down" one says. "I repeat the pulse is going down"

"She has lost a lot of blood" one confirms. "I don't think she can make it"

"Hey" Lisa feels someone touches her cheek. She couldn't really see because her eyelids have become too heavy to be lifted and her air is suddenly thinning, like she has a plastic layer limiting her oxygen. 

"Don't give up" the voice says. "Remember your family" she adds. "They need you as much as you need them"

And somehow that warms Lisa's heart. 

*votes and comments*