Good Night Rosie

Lisa's POV

Lisa's POV

It's getting late now. 9 pm and the I am so positive that there are only me and Bo – Young here.

She walks into the office, passing me another few documents that request my attention.

I smile and take it from her hands. "You know, you can go home if you want" I say when she hands me the document.

"It's my job to assist you as long as you are still in the office" she replies with a small smile. "So, I don't mind going home late if I'm sitting here, doing my job properly"

"No, it's okay" I assure her.

"Besides, I'm going to stay a bit longer. I have lots of things to settle before tomorrow's meeting" I explain and she looks at me before trying to make a choice of either staying or going back.

"Are you sure you can manage on yourself?" she asks, finally. I quickly nod.

"It's actually my daughter's birthday today" she exclaims with a warm smile.

"Really?" I look at her with great interest. "How old is she?"

"Turning two this year" Bo – Young says proudly.

"Can I see her picture?" I ask and the secretary nods her head before walking closer, passing me her own device that pops a cute picture of a little girl.

"Omo, Bo – Young! She looks like you"

"I know. Many people have said that"

"Yah, you should tell me earlier that today's a special day for you and your daughter"

"It's alright, President Manoban. My job comes first"

I smile at her and she beams the smile back. After collecting her stuff, she bids me goodbye.

You know how they always say that time flies quicker where you are so into doing something? Yeah, I start to believe that saying.

Once I finish checking the last document for tomorrow's meeting, I tilt my head to stare at the clock on my desk.

4 am

I batter my eyelids. Whoa, I stay up in the office till that late? That sounds literally not like me.

"God, my body is so tired now" I yawn as I collect my bag from the floor and lock my office. The guard greets me good night when I walk pass him at the counter.

"Working till late night, President Manoban?"

"Ugh, yeah. Lots of things to handle" I smile back as I get into my car and head home.

The room is still bright with light when I walk in. Rosie is sitting on the bed with her head rests against the headboard.

She wears a soft baby blue pj and her eyes light up at the sight of me walking into the room. I give her an incredulous look as I check my own watch around my wrist.

"Yow, why are you still up?"

She doesn't answer me. She freezes, like always.

I walk towards the wardrobe and grab my towel. Her eyes watch me closely. My every movement.

"Yow, are you deaf of something?" I say but she doesn't reply. I'm tired of handling her ass behavior so yeah, I just bang into the bathroom, wash myself quickly and walk out of the bathroom to see she's standing literally before the door.

Our eyes meet and I muster a small smile.

"You are really making me creepy"

"Where have you been?" she asks, out of blue. Her voice is hoarse.  has she been crying?

"I was at the office, my darling" , I tell as I walk pass her and comb my hair. "And I'm about sleep now. So, do you have any further questions you would like me to answer?"

She zips her mouth. But then as I approach the couch with my pillow, she gives me a tight back hug. Her face is rested against my damp hair. I hear she stifles a sob.

"What's wrong, Rosie?" I tap her hands around my waist.

"Nothing" she mumbles.

"Well, there's got to be something. Just tell me, okay?"

"I...." she drags before finishing her sentence. "I am scared sleeping alone"

Oh, she is a scaredy cat? But she was so fierce like a lion this afternoon when she teased me.

"It's okay" I comfort her. "I'm here now, okay? I had tons of documents to check for an important meeting tomorrow so yeah, I forgot to track the time" I pause but I can still hear her silent sobs. It breaks my heart, really.

"I'm sorry, Rosie. Don't cry. I won't leave you again, ok?"

She nods as she loosens the hug.

"Now let's sleep" I say as we walk towards the bed. She lets out a small laugh as she pushes me aside.

"Go back to your couch, you pervert. The bed is mine, remember?"

"What? I thought you said you hate sleeping alone"

"In a room. Alone" she mutters, correcting the fact.

"That's the same thing, what say you" I wink at her and she laughs again. God, she has a sexy laugh.

"What I say, is that you better move your ass to your couch and I'll be on the bed"

"Fine" I pout. "I hope the ghost will come and hug you from behind when you sleep"

"Yah, LALISA! DON'T SAY THAT" she throws me a pillow. It hits me bullseye on the face.

"Ok, ok. I'm kidding" I laugh back as I settle on the couch.

"Good night, Rosie"

"Good night, Lisa"