Interval

2 YEARS LATER

2 YEARS LATER.

Lisa's POV

I sit in my office with a mountain of documents waiting to be checked. I glare at the watch as I am working and it yells pathetically 10 p.m. at me.

My secretary has just left, after I told her firmly that it's alright to go home and I just need some moments to myself. The clock ticks as the thunder roars outside the window.

At the desk, my hand cluelessly scratching my name at the end of every paper, giving out my permission while my eyes, while they try their best to stare at those lengthy, perfectly composed paragraphs, my mind wouldn't give a damn to process so it appears all Greek to me. 

2 a.m. and I am still glued to the desk with now, only a few documents left. I yawn but I am not sleepy. My body hurts and I need to lie down for a second, but I don't want to go home.

I wonder if I still have a home.

Things have changed since the past 2 years, and I find myself missing those good old days more than often. 

Chaeyoung's POV

I scrub the dishes after throwing whatever the heck that I have cooked for dinner tonight into the dustbin

It's not that they have become bad or what, but it's simply because they have turned cold and I don't feel like serving them anymore.

I glance at the clock. It's almost 3 in the morning but Lisa has not returned home from the office yet.

I have tried to reach for her, but every time I dial her number, I only manage to enter her mailbox. 

"Hi, this is Lisa" the voicemail would say. "And I'm Rosie" a laughter is next. "Please leave me a message" 

"Hi Lili" I say, pressing my lips together as my words freeze.

"I wonder if you'll be back tonight. I already thrown the food because they have become too cold to be consumed. So, yeah if you're coming back, please let me know. I'll make a new dinner for you" 

And that's it. She terminates the call, feeling a little guilty for not ending the message with an "I love you" like she used to. 

but yeah, that's the case. 

she used.

lisa used to. 

******************************************************

I wake up in the morning on the couch in the living room.

The tv is still playing, meaning Lisa has not been home, again because whenever she is home, she would turn off the tv if nobody is watching.

Let's not talk about the tv.

Let's just talk about me. 

The fact that I'm lying on the couch since last night, waiting desperately for her to come home. 

If she's home, she'd take me to our room. 

If she's home, she'd heat me with her warmth when I'm cold

If she's home, we would cuddle and tell one another how much we have missed each other

But she's not home.

She is lost.

And I have lost my home too.