Result

Lisa's POV

"Are you anxious?" 

I ask Rosie. She nods a little, tightening her grip on my hand. I give her the widest grin of mine and kiss her on the jawline.

She turns red as a tomato soon afterwards and it makes me laugh. This girl has always been so shy at showing PDA. And it's not a bad thing because her shyness makes me love her even more. 

"Everything is going to be alright" I wink at her. 

"Or the doctor can come out with a result saying that you are already pregnant instead, Rosie" 

She smacks me on my shoulder. I pretend like it's hurt so she can lean in and brushes her lips against my cheek, apologizing. 

"I don't know why" she sighs heavily. "I'm just nervous"

"You don't have to, baby" I kiss the tip of her nose. That makes her cheeks even redder. 

"You'll be a good mommy. I know. And our kid is going to be lucky because she pops out of you"

"You want a daughter?" Rosie asks, her face glows up at the suggestion. 

"Of course, baby" I kiss her cheek. "I want someone I can love who looks exactly like you" 

She grins goofily at my comment. 

"But not as jealous as you. Ugh, I don't think I can ever deal with that behavior if she copies is straight from you"

Another smack and I snarl. 

"Well, I do hope she doesn't follow you either" Rosie snaps. "I just want a decent girl like me"

"Are you" I raise my eyebrows. "What?"

"Decent girl?"

"Of course I am" Rosie mutters, suddenly turning all defensive. 

"Funny, because I can't recall you being all sweet and decent"

"Maybe not to you then" she sticks her tongue. "Maybe to others, I am"

I am about to tease her more when a nurse in blue approaches us and directs us into the room at the end of the corridor. 

•••

Irene's face turns delightful when she sees me. I try to not pay attention much to that. I know next to me, Rosie notices that too; probably that's why her grip around my arm tightens. 

"Hello, love birds" Irene greets, stressing the word love when she gazes at me. 

"Hi, Dr. Bae" Rosie replies, clearing her throat. Her clammy hand is still wrapped around mine.

"So, are you ready to hear the result?" 

"Not really" I say, earning a look from both pretty women. "Because I know I'm all healthy and ready to produce tons of babies with my wife" I wink at the blonde in which she responds by turning her cheeks red. 

"Lisa" she groans. "Stop making me blush"

"I'm right, though, baby"

Irene laughs lightly at us before nodding and starting to open the file. 

"You are right, Lisa. You have no problem at all" she reads from a piece of paper printed there. 

I wear a smug and wink at Rosie. 

"But" Irene pauses at she stares at the second sheet of paper that might be Rosie's result. I see a slight change in her face. 

"I'm sorry, Rosie" Irene apologizes as she shuts the file close.