Chapter 212: I am Proud of You

Initially, the audience and netizens were certain that Irene would turn out to be the black sheep that would drag all the other guest members down with her. However, little did they know that she would turn out to become the ace of the program.

Throughout the one and half hour broadcast, the audience started to discover more and more about Irene's charming personality. She teased Park Jimin and told him not to be afraid of everything, she encouraged Kris to exercise so that he could strengthen his body, and she could chat with Brother Kevin about anything under the sun despite the big age gap between them.

However, just as the group was about to step out of the jungle, Irene suddenly found out that Park Jimin had a high fever.

When they looked into their first aid kit, Irene was extremely furious when she realized that the production team did not put any antibiotics or aspirin in it. Therefore, the three of them decided that Brother Kevin and Kris would set up camp and rest while Irene would then bring Park Jimin back to the river bank to look a for willow tree.

[Why is Irene looking for a willow tree? I am so curious right now.]

[I just looked it up online. Apparently, the oldest form of aspirin was originally extracted from the bark of a willow tree. Now, I can see that Irene really has an extensive knowledge about the jungle and survival in the wild.]

[Oh my god! Why do I feel like I am gaining a lot of knowledge just from watching a variety show?]

[But Sister Irene must be so tired right now. She is finally able to stop and take a break after walking for so long but now, she needs to find medicine for someone else's team member.]

The first part of the first episode of ended as soon as Irene brought Park Jimin away from the group to look for a willow tree.

At first, the audience were not interested in Irene at all. However, after watching the broadcast for the past ninety minutes, they were pleasantly surprised upon realization that they were actually excited to watch Irene because they were interested to see what other skills she had and what kind of antics she would come up with next.

The keyboard warriors who had criticized Irene repeatedly could only surrender themselves at this point.

How did Irene gain all of these skills and knowledge? They really wanted to dig a hole and hide their faces in it right now.

[The second part of episode one should be aired right now! Otherwise, I will come looking for the production team!]

[I wonder if Irene was able to find a willow tree eventually? I can't wait to see what she would do if she did find the willow tree.]

After that, the scene cut to a short three minute commercial before the production team then broadcasted a preview of what was going to happen during the next episode.

The production team had included snippets of several unexpected situations that all the teams encountered as they continued their journey. This included Jennie Kim disappearing to look for her plant specimens, Ji Chang Wook's group getting lost in the jungle, and finally, Irene's group of four happily ransacking the jungle to collect any food or supplies that they could use.

In a nutshell, Irene was the scariest two-legged beast in the jungle.

After watching the preview, the audience looked forward to watching the next part of the first episode even more. This was because they could not help but to wonder how Irene's group, which consisted of the old, the weak, and the sick, actually had fun in the jungle when the other groups were facing so many obstacles along the way.