Chapter 323: Am I Not Impressive?

About ten minutes later, another black sedan entered the parking lot in a discreet manner.

Irene immediately knew that that was her peer. Therefore, she opened the car door in a decisive manner before stepping out of the car.

"Hye-su."

"Irene."

The woman who had just stepped out of her car was in fact none other than the well-known folk song singer Hye-su, who also happened to be Irene's roommate in college. Hye-su had short black hair and she was wearing a sexy black dress. Irene remembered that Hye-su was always wearing high heels even during their college days and it seemed as though that habit of hers had continued to this day.

"It has been such a long time since we have last seen one another!" Both of them hugged as they greeted each other.

"Little fairy, you are really popular nowadays. I would see news about you whenever I go online," Hye-su said as she looked at Irene.

"Hahaha. I am nothing compared to everything that you have established in your career!" Irene laughed as she replied in a self-deprecating manner. "Let's stop praising each another already. Aren't we here to see Teacher Li? Let's go now."

The two of them proceeded to make their way to the office of Korea National University's music department in a low-key and discreet manner so that no one would recognize them.

When they arrived at the office, they found out that Teacher Li was still in class. Therefore, both of them continued chatting in the office.

"Boa called me a couple of times to tell me about what happened..."

"You...are you trying to persuade me to be merciful and forgiving towards Boa?" Irene asked as she glanced at Hye-su. "If she did not provoke me repeatedly in the first place, I would not even be bothered with her."

"You are overthinking this! Although it is a little mean of me to say this, but honestly, I feel that Boa can only blame herself for everything that has happened. After all, she was wrong," Hye-su replied with a smile on her face as she rested her elbows on the table. "I know you very well. You are not the type of person who will sit by and tolerate any nonsense from anyone at all."

"So many years have already passed. How would you know that I have not changed at all?" Irene asked as she looked at Hye-su with a curious expression on her face.

"I can tell from the look in your eyes."

Both of them continued chatting about all of the interesting events that happened in the past during their freshman year. A short while later, Teacher Li finally returned to the office after her class was over.

As soon as she saw Hye-su and Irene, Teacher Li, who was wearing a pair of glasses, sat down at her desk before she said, "It has already been so many years since I last saw the both of you. Hye-su, you are really impressive."

"Teacher Li, how can you be so biased? Am I not impressive then?" Irene asked as she pursed her lips together.

This was because when Irene dropped out of college five years ago, Teacher Li was the one who felt the most distressed for her.

"I do not want to be biased, but someone has been in Seoul for the past few years and yet, she has never returned here to visit me at all," Teacher Li replied as she looked at Irene.

"I was too embarrassed to face you."

"Both of you were my favourite and most interesting students, especially you, Irene. However, I am relieved to see you two doing so well right now. Irene, I know that I cannot blame you because it must not have been easy for you to start working at such a young age just so you could provide for and look after your own family," Teacher Li said as she smiled at Irene. "I am really glad to see you doing so well right now."