Chapter 298: We Will Pick You Up at Night, Little Maiden

"You...know all about it?" Irene asked in a careful manner.

"Why are you still so obsessed about those items?" Lisa asked Irene as she leaned sideways and rested her head on her palm. "If I had really thought that those items were so important to me, I would have taken the initiative to get them back a long time ago. Therefore, you really do not need to do all these right now."

"I just feel that I have not been able to do anything for you at all ever since we got together. This is one of the few small things I can do for you. I know that there is nothing much I can do for you, and that is why I thought of getting Aunt's belongings back for you...just so you can have a little less regret in your life."

"What did you...just call Mom?" Lisa immediately took this opportunity to point out Irene's mistake.

"I am wrong. It's my fault. I meant to say that it's our mother's belongings," Irene rephrased her sentence immediately.

Lisa reached out her hands and hugged Irene tightly in her arms before she whispered in her ear, "That is your mother-in-law. Do you really want to reject her kindness and love for you? If you really do not want me to have any regrets, and you do not want my mother to have any regrets, then you should come with me with our marriage certificate to pay your respects to her at her tomb one day. This is the best that you can do for us."

"Lisa..."

"Those items already belong to someone else, and perhaps they also mean something important to someone else right now. Therefore, it no longer carries any significant meaning or memories of my mother. Besides that, my mother has so many other belongings, so why are you so obsessed over those items?"

Lisa rubbed her finger against Irene's nose. "Stop worrying about it, okay?"

"But..."

"There are so many other things that you can do for me. So, just let the past be in the past. All I ask from you is that you stay by my side until the day I die. This way, I will have no other regrets in my life."

After listening to Lisa's words, Irene's eyes were red and tears started welling up in her eyes. She hugged Lisa tightly.

"But I love you so much. I really love you so much to the point I no longer know how to express what I feel for you. I will never be able to do or offer you so much like what you have done for me, but I want you to know that all of my feelings and emotions exists solely because of you, Lisa...I really love you."

After listening to Irene, Lisa laid down before she rested Irene's head against her chest. "I know how you feel."

"I will be going over to a neighboring city tomorrow to participate in a promotional event. I will be back later in the evening. Can we stop by the graveyard to pay our respects to Mom tomorrow? I can't wait to see her already."

"Since we will not be able to meet up during the day tomorrow, then...how should you reward me now?" Lisa asked in a serious manner?

Irene was stunned for a moment before she stuttered, "But...we do not usually get to see each other during the day anyway..."

"Huh?"

...

Early the next morning, Irene appeared in front of Tiffany with dark circles under her eyes. Tiffany was shocked. "Are you insane? How can you go to the airport looking like this? Aren't you afraid that you will scare your fans away?"

"I'm so sleepy..." Irene replied as she held onto the car door.

"Oh my god. You should take a look in the mirror right now. Who do you want to scare to death?"