Chapter 254: Aren't You Taking the Score Too Far Back?

"Are you jealous of her too?" Irene asked as her ears reddened and she started blushing immediately.

From some of the guests' perspective, Lisa and Irene's faces seemed to be too close together from this angle and this made many of the artists present exclaim in surprise. Weren't they being too intimate?

This kind of intimacy made many of the female artists there envious because although they were already used to seeing and being around the handsome male artists in the entertainment circle, it was not every day that they could see someone of Lisa's caliber face-to-face. If they were not from the same family background as Irene, they could only just daydream about ever getting close to Lisa.

"Who knows if Lisa, the heir of the Manoban family, is actually still single or available?" a female artist dressed in a silver dress suddenly asked her companions.

"How would ordinary people like us know the answer to that question? Anyway, whether Lisa is single or otherwise would not make any difference. After all, the only person who would be able to be on such close terms with Lisa now is probably Irene because they were childhood friends. What is the point of being envious? Moreover, isn't the Bae family rich again now?" her companion replied immediately.

"So what if she is rich again? This does not change the fact that she is still an artist in the messed up and complicated entertainment industry. Irene could probably be Lisa's playmate, sister, or even her lover, but it would definitely be impossible for her to ever become her wife," another person chimed in to join the conversation at this time.

"Why?" the actress in the silver dress asked again.

"Do you think that the prestigious Manoban family would actually accept a high school graduate who is in the entertainment industry as their daughter-in-law? Sooyoung is a completely different case because there is absolutely no comparison between Nickhun and Lisa at all! Moreover, Lisa is the one and only heir of the Manoban family."

Therefore, the highlight of the dinner hosted by Ace Media turned out to be the discussions related to the relationship between Irene and Lisa.

Since Irene had such a close relationship with Lisa, it was no wonder why Lee Joon-gi had chosen to stand by Irene even though he might have offended Hani in the process.

In fact, Lee Joon-gi only chose to support Irene because he wanted to defend and protect his own family. Since that girl was already legally married to Lisa, then Irene was now also part of his family and he would never allow any outsiders to bully her so casually.

...

On the way back to the villa, Lisa and Irene were both sitting in the back seat while Tiffany was sitting beside the driver. When Tiffany thought about the funny questions that the guests at the banquet had asked her earlier, she quickly turned around to gossip with Irene. "Did you know? Since second young miss Manoban arrived at the banquet, so many people walked up to me to ask me about the nature of your relationship with second young miss Manoban. I also heard many people sneering and making fun of you behind your back. They said that it would definitely be impossible for you to ever marry into the Manoban family in this lifetime. Alas, a woman's jealousy is really a scary thing. Once you reveal your relationship with the second young miss Manoban to the public, I believe these people would probably faint from the shock."

"My Lisa belongs to me alone. I will not publicize my relationship with her just because of what they said," Irene replied immediately.

"But..." Tiffany observed Lisa's reaction before she carefully added, "There were also a few male actors...who came up to me to ask for your personal contact information. Of course, I gave all of them my own contact number..."