Chapter 353: Who Said My First Kiss Happened When I Was Eighteen?

The other party had intentionally said such things to target Irene, but he must have forgotten that there was a new addition to the Manoban family recently.

Irene was not affected at all but she kept her eyes on Grandpa Manoban. "Lee Jinyoo, what do you mean by this? Are you trying to embarrass my own family member?"

"Uncle Manoban, I had no intention of doing that at all...I was not targeting Miss Ryujin." The other party started panicking immediately. He went through all that trouble just to embarrass Irene and make her feel out of place but he totally forgot about Ryujin who had recently joined the Manoban family.

"So, who are you targeting then?"

The other party turned his eyes on Irene at that moment.

"Uncle, could you be referring to me, then?" Irene asked as she stood up immediately. "I am not your daughter, nor am I your junior, and I do not live under your roof or require you to provide for me or feed me. So, why are you targeting me? It's fine if you want to keep praising your daughter and all her achievements, but do you really have to trample all over me and put down someone who is your junior just because you have some other intentions in mind? Do you really have to be so...harsh and bitter?"

"Who are you referring to as a harsh and bitter person? Is the Manoban family mansion somewhere that you can speak without thinking things through?"

As soon as the other party's sentence fell, the expression on Lisa's face hardened immediately before she said in a cold manner, "Then, it's not a place for you to speak as you like too."

The atmosphere in the living room became very tense all of a sudden.

This was because Lisa was voicing out her opinions against an elder.

However, the other party did not dare to refute her words or talk back against her because Lisa was the heir of the Manoban family.

"Uncle Manoban, you know that we are all constantly spending time with the outside world, and the way that I speak might be very straightforward sometimes. I hope that you will not take it to heart."

"Straightforward? You mean that you are not well-educated?"

Lisa's words were very harsh and straight to the point. She obviously did not like the other party very much.

"You..."

"Young Miss...my father is not very good at speaking. Please forgive him if he has offended you in any way at all. I apologize on his behalf. I hope that this will not affect the mood at the family reunion dinner tonight." At this time, Miss Lee seized the opportunity to make amends for her father's mistakes.

As soon as Lisa heard Miss Lee's words, she turned around and looked at Old Master Manoban before she asked, "Since it is a family reunion dinner, why are there so many irrelevant guests present here tonight?"

In fact, Old Master Manoban was also regretting his decision at the moment.

Initially, he had thought that the daughters of two of his most loyal staffs would definitely be good enough for Lisa. He thought that it might even be possible for Lisa to be interested in one of them.

However, he had never expected his own staff member to have such a personality and thoughts. This way, it seemed as though he would not have brought up his daughter with the right mentality and principles in life.

"Also, I would like you to call me by my name, Miss Lee."

"Since our presence is not welcomed here, then I believe it would be best for us to make a move first." At this time, the members of the Lee family got up from the sofa before heading towards the door. The other family was also afraid that they would end up causing trouble and thus, they quickly came up with an excuse to leave right after the Lee family.