Chapter 388: Who is He to Irene Anyway?

"I am on very good terms with two of the judges who will be judging the contest," Director Jung told Tiffany. "I believe that no matter what it is, there will definitely be a fair competition this year."

Although none of the actors under Ace Media had made it into the running for the title of the film emperor this year, there were still some actors who had a close relationship with Ace Media, such as Eunwoo and Jin-goo, who were running for the award. Therefore, Director Jung felt that it was definitely worth helping them fight for a fair chance to win the award.

"But...hasn't the winner of the film emperor title already been decided?"

This was an awards ceremony after all.

"The only thing that you have to worry about right now is Irene. Make sure that everything runs smoothly for her. You don't have to worry about anything else, just trust me." Director Jung assured Tiffany.

How did Seo In-guk manage to win the best actor award two years consecutively? Was it really because of his excellent acting skills? No one could deny that he deserved the award when he really did a good job in one of his dramas two years ago, but what about last year? In fact, many people in the entertainment industry knew that Seo In-guk had only won the award last year because of a backdoor deal between his agency and the judges.

If any artist from Ace Media had been nominated for the award in the past two years, would Seo In-guk still be able to steal the limelight then?

This time, he actually dared to publicly despise and humiliate Irene? Did Seo In-guk really think that Ace Media was dead?

Yes, he could look down on other people's acting skills but he should have just kept it to himself. That would not have been a problem then. However, since Seo In-guk chose to speak up and publicize this matter, then it was a big problem!

...

Irene arrived at the airport at Seoul at seven o'clock in the morning on the day of the Golden Shadow Awards ceremony. The airport was crowded with Baetokkis who had come to greet Irene as usual.

As the production crew and staff of leaked out the news that Irene was afraid of the cold, the Baetokkis brought a lot of gifts that could help her to keep warm this time. They gave her beanies, scarves, sweaters, and all sort of heating items. When Irene finally walked out of the airport, her neck was covered with blue, green, red, yellow, and other colorful scarves!

Tiffany could not stop herself from laughing out loud as soon as she saw Irene. "I know that the Baetokkis truly care about you but there is something I have to ask you. What is that green hat doing in your hand? And is that an electric heating blanket..."

"No! This is a heated cushion!" Irene replied as she snatched the cushion back from Tiffany's hand. "This is a good item. I will not have to feel cold after filming my scenes anymore!"

Tiffany looked at Irene with a helpless expression on her face.

"Moreover, I think that this hat is quite pretty anyway," Irene replied as she looked at the green hat before placing it on her head.

"What are you doing? I'm warning you not to wear it out of the car later! Otherwise, you will definitely be all over the hot search again. Besides that, the media will definitely assume that you have broken up with someone, with that being the reason why you are wearing a green hat!"

When Irene thought about it, she realized that Tiffany was right and she had no choice but to take the green hat off.

"We will go and shoot your eye cream advertisement now. After that, we will head back to the company in the afternoon so that the makeup artist can apply your makeup for you. You will be walking the red carpet with Jung Hee and Eunwoo tonight," Tiffany quickly briefed Irene on her schedule for the day. "Anyway, did you read all the comments that were posted on the Internet about you and Seo In-guk? In my opinion, you do not have to greet him or give him any face when you see him tonight."