Chapter 264: There are Two Huge Mountains Behind Irene

On the other hand, thanks to the sponsorship and endorsement by Conrad Seoul Hotel, Jin-hee finally secured a spot in the variety program.

After Jung Hae-in had seen the outcome of the audition, he handed the contract over to Jin-hee's agent before he stated, "You know how important this contract is to Jin-hee. You should also be clear that the biggest sponsor who has helped Jin-hee behind the scenes is none other than Conrad Seoul Hotel. This was all arranged by Irene and Tiffany to help Jin-hee secure a spot in the program, to show their gratitude."

"I understand," Jin-hee's agent replied as he nodded.

"Since you already understand what I am trying to tell you, then you can leave now," Jung Hae-in replied without explaining any further.

However sometimes, there was truly no limit to how shameless or ungrateful a person could be.

This was because as soon as Jin-hee's agent stepped out of Jung Hae-in's office, he was immediately stopped by Hani's agent, who had been waiting for him in Hani's resting room all along.

Hani did not even ask before she grabbed the contract that Jin-hee's agent had in his hands. "Wow. Looks like someone has just secured a new resource."

"Sister Hani...didn't you agree that you would be magnanimous and that you would not take any more of Jin-hee's resources?" Lin Xuan asked in a helpless manner.

"Lin Xuan, it must have been really difficult for you to finally secure this deal and obtain this contract. If I remember correctly, the biggest sponsor behind this variety program is none other than Conrad Seoul Hotel..." Hani did not ask the question directly but instead, she was beating around the bush. "So...is Irene the one helping Jin-hee behind the scenes?"

Lin Xuan took a deep breath before he nodded his head. "Yes, I heard that Irene was the one who helped Jin-hee secure this resource."

Hani chuckled before she held out the contract, as though she was about to give it back to Lin Xuan. However, as soon as Lin Xuan reached out his hand to take the contract, Hani intentionally dropped the document onto the ground. "Let's do it this way then. I want you to tell Jin-hee that I was the person who helped her to secure a spot in this variety show. If you tell her that, then I promise that I will not make life difficult for you two and I will not attempt to steal any of Jin-hee's resources in future."

"Sister Hani..."

"Will you do it or not?"

Did he have any other choice?

"I know what I have to do."

"You are a smart man. I know that you will definitely do the right thing," Hani replied before she sat back down on the sofa with her arms crossed in front of her chest. After that, Hani nudged towards the door, signalling for Lin Xuan to leave immediately.

In fact, sometimes the agent could not be blamed for being selfish or despicable. This was because they would always be dragged into the deepest and darkest transactions in the entertainment industry and they only way that they would be able to survive would be to cooperate with the stronger party.

Everyone had to put themselves first in the entertainment industry. This was very common in the entertainment circle.

When Jung Hae-in told Lin Xuan that Irene was in fact the one who had paved the way for Jin-hee to secure the variety show, he was trying to tell Jin-hee that Irene had already done her part to appease her and thank her for her support. Hani, on the other hand, was only trying to brainwash Jin-hee and manipulate her into thinking that Irene was heartless so that Jin-hee would join her camp to deal with Irene.