Chapter 218: Protect Our Idol

Therefore, no matter how popular a celebrity was, or no matter how much fans she had, she should still be able to know the difference between right and wrong.

So, what if she had more than sixty million fans? All that had turned to nothing once her empire collapsed overnight.

What ensued after that was the result of the police investigation. Several fans were suspected and eventually convicted for the crime of intimidation and assault and they were taken by to the detention centre by the police.

They were sentenced to receive a seven days' lock up at the detention centre because of the severity and impact brought about by the crime.

When Irene heard that the perpetrators of the assault had already been detained, she finally instructed Tiffany to send the Baetokki home with her family. Besides that, Irene also asked Tiffany to prepare some funds for the fan girl after she learned that the fan girl and her family were having some financial difficulties. After noticing her literary skills, Irene could not allow this young girl's talents to be buried.

Lee Sung Kyung's affairs were discussed on the internet throughout the entire day.

No one would have imagined that Irene, who had less than ten million followers, would actually have such a large destructive power.

Of course, there were also some people who came up with several conspiracy theories, one of which they believed that Irene was a scary mastermind who had been scheming behind the scenes the entire time.

Some people even voiced their opinions, stating they believed that Irene had manipulated everyone right from the very beginning. They said that Irene had started finding faults with Lee Sung Kyung to attract the attention of her fans. After successfully sparking the conflict between Lee Sung Kyung's fans and her own Baetokkis, Irene made a meticulous attack in blowing the matter out of proportions after Lee Sung Kyung's fans made a radical move. Everything had been premeditated and Irene was merely killing two birds with one stone.

They assumed that first of all, she wanted to gain more attention so that she could inevitably convert some of the passers-by into her loyal fans. Secondly, she wanted to win the favor of the government. Thirdly, she wanted to prove that she would be able to defeat Lee Sung Kyung and last by not least, the main reason why Irene had done all these was just so she could rob Lee Sung Kyung of her role as the first female lead.

This was inevitable. The forest was huge and there were many different kinds of birds all around.

No matter what Irene did, there were always people who would try to find fault with her.

After Lee Sung Kyung's incident, the director of really considered inviting Irene to take on the role of the first female lead for his drama.

The director would never have expected a blacklisted artist such Irene to have such great influence on the public.

Therefore, after negotiating the compensation issue with Lee Sung Kyung's agency, the director immediately made a phone call to Ace Media.

The call was answered by Jung Hae-in himself and he immediately rejected the other party without even thinking twice.

This was because Tiffany had already submitted a report to the company stating that Irene was preparing to audition for the role of the first female lead in another drama. Moreover, Tiffany also emphasized that Irene was not interested to appear in any youth idol dramas.

Later in the afternoon on the same day, Lee Sung Kyung attended a press conference arranged by her agency to face the general public and offer them her most sincere public apology for the behaviour of her fans.