Chapter 355: Really Courageous!

After coming out from the study, Irene acted as though nothing happened at all. She continued laughing and joking around with Ryujin and after a moment, Lisa came downstairs.

Shortly afterwards, Lisa's third uncle arrived at the Manoban family home with his sixteen-year-old son, Hae-jin. Almost every member of the Manoban family was at the Manoban family mansion with the exception of Lisa's aunt, who had already been away for many years.

The young boy who arrived at the family reunion dinner had no expression on his face initially. However, after seeing Irene, the young boy suddenly said, "You...you are...Sister Irene!"

Everyone was shocked to hear the young boy speak.

This was because Hae-jin had a very slow response due to a concussion he had suffered from and his brain was severely damaged from that. Therefore, Hae-jin's development was very slow and he rarely spoke. Moreover, Hae-jin would usually never speak to strangers.

It was very surprising that Hae-jin actually knew who Irene was as soon as he saw her.

"Yes, Hae-jin. This is your Sister Irene. She actually carried you in her arms before when you were still a little baby," Third Uncle said as he brought his son to the sofa to sit down.

Irene looked at Third Uncle Manoban with a puzzled expression on her face when she noticed the unusualness of Hae-jin's behaviour.

"He fell down," Third Uncle Manoban said as he looked at Irene. "I have already brought him abroad to visit many different doctors and specialists for many years but we have not seen any progress or improvements at all."

"I...I want to...sit there," Hae-jin said as he pointed at the empty spot next to Irene.

"Alright then. You can sit next to your Sister Irene," Third Uncle Manoban said as he helped Hae-jin move to the spot on the sofa next to Irene.

"So, I will take care of Little Hae-jin tonight. We are going to have so much fun together, Little Hae-jin," Irene said as she patted Hae-jin gently on his head. "We will go out and play with some fireworks together in a short while, okay?"

"Okay." Hae-jin nodded his head.

Lisa, who was sitting at the side, felt a little upset and disappointed as she watched the scene unfolding before her. This little descendant of hers would only be back for one day and yet she did not intend to spend some time to accompany her at all. After coaxing her grandfather, she was now busy taking care of her younger brother. Didn't she care about her own husband anymore?

"Dad, I want to watch...watch television."

"Okay, here it is," Third Uncle said as he handed his cell phone over to Hae-jin after turning on the television program that Hae-jin was currently watching. Unexpectedly, Hae-jin was currently watching , which was the variety show that Irene had participated in. This was the reason why Hae-jin could recognize Irene as soon as he saw her.

It was not surprising that Hae-jin would have clicked into this television program as it was one of the highest-ranking programs on the network. Therefore, anyone could click into it easily as it would always be on the front page.

Irene stole a glance at Grandpa Manoban as she continued taking care of Hae-jin.

She suddenly felt that she had been a little cruel when she told Lisa that the Manoban family was full of treasures. Now, it seemed as though what she said was in fact a slap across her face.

The first grandson of the Manoban family died at a very young age and Nickhun, the third grandson of the Manoban family, turned out to be an impostor. Moreover, Ryujin, who had recently returned as the official third granddaughter of the Manoban family, had lost both of her legs as a result of a car accident. The fourth grandson, Hae-jin, suffered from severe brain damage and had intellectual impairment as a result of a fall. Each and every one of Old Master Manoban's grandchildren suffered different degrees of damage, and that was the reason why he took Lisa's marriage very seriously. Besides that, Grandpa Manoban had also protected and hid Hae-jin's situation very well.