Chapter 300: She is Very Nice and Very Obedient Too

It was very foggy early the next morning as it was still raining in Seoul because of the recent typhoon.

Lisa did not wake Irene up from her sleep, but she simply carried her up in her arms and wrapped her up in a blanket before placing her in the car. Lisa only woke the little descendant up from her sleep once they arrived at the cemetery.

"Um...Lisa, where are we?" Irene asked as she was startled. "Oh no. Why didn't you wait for me to wake up, wash up, and get dressed before coming to see Mom again?"

"I have already prepared everything for you in the bag," Lisa replied as she handed a paper bag over to Irene. "I will give you ten minutes to get ready."

Irene quickly took the bag in her hand and changed into a new set of clothing before she stepped out of the car. She held tightly onto Lisa's arms as she stood under the umbrella that she was holding as she whispered, "Lisa, it's so cold out here."

"Hold onto the umbrella." Lisa handed the umbrella over to Irene before she took off her suit jacket and placed it over the little descendant.

"What about you then?"

At this time, Lisa reached out her hand and wrapped her arms around Irene's shoulder before she took the umbrella from her. "I will not feel cold as long as I am holding you in my arms."

This was the second time that Irene was visiting Lisa's mother at the cemetery after she had passed away. She had also brought the flowers that Secretary Oh had prepared to pay her respects to Lisa's mother.

When they arrived at her tombstone, both of them stood in front of the tombstone as they stared at the smiling picture of Lisa's mother that was placed there. It still felt as though she was still around and had never left this world at all.

Irene squatted down and placed the flowers in front of the tombstone before she greeted in a respectful manner, "Mom, I am Irene. I am finally here to see you again. So many things have happened in the past few years, so please forgive me for not being able to see you for the last time, okay?"

"Lisa and I have finally gotten married. I had wanted to bring our marriage certificate along with me today so that I can show it to you, but Lisa did not wake me up and that is why I could not prepare anything for you at all. I even look like an ugly daughter-in-law as I am paying my respects to you."

Lisa embraced Irene tightly in her arm as she listened to her conversation with her mother.

She was a woman who was not good with words.

Therefore, Lisa greatly appreciated everything that Irene was doing.

"Mom, I have brought your daughter-in-law here to see you today."

"I still remember that one of your last words to me before you left this world was to tell me how much you liked Irene. At that time, I did not tell you that I really liked her too. Now, I have finally fulfilled your last wish. This girl is finally your daughter-in-law."

"She is very nice and very obedient too. Sometimes, she can be really witty, though she can also be very silly at times too. She is also very cute."

"I do not want anything else in my life. All that I ask for is for her to stay by my side for the rest of my life. I do not know how long I will live in this world, but I know that the only thing that I need is for her to be with me."

"I cannot live without her."

Lisa rubbed Irene's head gently as she spoke to her mother. "Mom said that she is very happy."

"How do you know that?"

"Because mother and child are always connected at heart," Lisa replied as she smiled.