Chapter 303: I Can't Leave You

"I am sorry. Today is my birthday but I did not expect things to turn out this way," Kim Dasom apologized as soon as she went downstairs. "Kim Hanbin wanted to get revenge for me. So, you guys had to witness all of that."

"Sister, did you enjoy that slap just now? Did it feel good?" Kim Hanbin, who was sitting on the sofa asked Kim Dasom as he winked at her. "Do you feel happier now?"

"I actually feel quite happy indeed," Kim Dasom replied and laughed as she looked at the palm of her hand that was still red from giving Choi Min-hwan's mother that slap across her face. " I have been suffering silently for so many years. I am really happy that I have finally gotten justice for your niece."

"Since you are happy, then all of us should celebrate right now! Come on, let's celebrate and drink up!" Kim Hanbin said as he picked up a bottle of champagne and started inviting everyone to drink together.

What was Taehyung here for?

Did he even understand the story between the two of them?

Everyone responded immediately and quickly offered Kim Dasom a drink, one after another. This quickly intoxicated Kim Dasom and made her drunk before she could even realize it herself.

When Irene saw that Kim Dasom's face was already flushed red as she held a wine bottle and sat down on the carpet, Irene got up and asked her, "Since the knot in your heart has already been untied, do you plan to divorce Choi Min-hwan?"

As soon as Kim Dasom heard the word 'divorce', she laughed out loud before she responded, "Divorce? Why should I divorce him? I have never once thought about divorcing him..."

"Do you still love him, then?"

Kim Dasom started crying as soon as she heard the word 'love'. "Love. Of course, I love him. But what is the point now? I cannot have any children anymore. Irene, did you know that my body failed to recover after the forced induction of labor and I can no longer conceive or give birth to a child?"

No one would have expected Kim Dasom to be suffering like this by herself.

The Choi family owed her not only a daughter, but so much more than that.

As Kim Dasom spoke, she wiped the tears off her eyes before she said, "But what is the point of saying all this now?"

"Sister, no. You can definitely be cured. We have our surgeon, Taehyung, over here. He can definitely do something for you," Kim Hanbin replied as he pointed a finger at Taehyung. "Don't be discouraged."

After listening to Kim Hanbin's words, Taehyung pinched Kim Hanbin's ears before he replied, "As you have just said, I am a surgeon! Not a gynaecologist."

"I don't care! Either way, you have to find a way to cure my sister."

"I think that I might have a way after all," Taehyung replied. "I know of a foreign specialist who is really good at what he does. We could contact him and give it a try. You would never know if you don't try it."

"I don't want to try it anymore," Kim Dasom replied as she shook her head. "I have already lost my family. Why do I still want a child now? What am I going to do with a child?"

Not far away, Choi Min-hwan's footsteps were as heavy as steel and iron. This was because he had heard everything that Kim Dasom had just said.

Therefore, he sat down behind Kim Dasom as tears started falling down his face.

"I am so tired. I am really exhausted. For the past few years, I have really exhausted myself. I really do not understand why we are torturing one another in this manner but...I just can't let go. I am not even sure if I am doing this because I am still in love with Choi Min-hwan or whether I am just trying to get back at the Choi family. Can any of you understand what I am feeling? I have forced myself to be strong and acted like a strong career woman who can fly all around the world on my own just because I am afraid and I feel so lonely inside."