Chapter 357: All Because I Have to Chase After My Husband

This time, Grandpa Manoban looked at Lisa before he said, "Lisa, you have once promised me that you will definitely settle down by the time you turn thirty. I hope that you will not come home alone anymore when we celebrate Korean New Year next year."

"Grandpa, what were you talking about with Irene earlier?" Lisa asked as she sat down on the wooden bench without answering her grandfather's request.

"Why are you so concerned about what we were discussing?" Grandpa Manoban replied. "All you have to focus on right now is to find the right woman to settle down with."

"I have another question for you, Grandpa. Why didn't you consider me at all when you arranged the engagement between Irene and Nickhun fourteen years ago?"

The old man was stunned and he looked at Lisa with a startled expression on his face as he asked, "Lisa...what are you trying to say?"

"I am just curious," Lisa replied as she chuckled.

"You gave me a fright." The old man started patting his chest as though he was trying to calm his heart down. Irene had already given him a fright last night and he thought that his second grandson was about to give him another shock today. After thinking about it, he replied, "You have always been quiet and you always kept to yourself while you were growing up. That young girl, Irene, is such a chatty and lively person. In the past, I would always see her bickering with Nickhun and I figured that they would both turn out to be enemies when they grew up. That is why I decided to arrange the engagement between the both of them. Don't you think that Irene is too talkative and playful?"

"I can't believe that this is the reason for your decision."

There was no significant reason at all but Old Master Manoban's decision ultimately affected and changed the lives of three people.

Fortunately, everything turned out to be fine in the end.

"What do you think about that young girl, Irene..."

"Lisa, Third Uncle is asking for you." Ryujin suddenly appeared in front of both of them in her wheelchair.

"I will go and look for him right now," Lisa replied Ryujin without any hesitation at all. After that, she looked at his grandfather before she said, "I thought that perhaps you did not like me in the past. I thought that was the reason why you had arranged for the engagement between Irene and Nickhun instead of me."

"You have always been this way. Overthinking and getting upset over something that is practically non-existent at all."

It was a touching moment between the grandfather and grandson as they revealed their feelings to one another in the courtyard.

"I will go and look for Third Uncle now."

"Go."

Lisa stood up and walked back into the Manoban family mansion. Grandpa Manoban had mixed feelings at this point because he could not read or understand Lisa's attitude. He was no longer certain if he wanted his granddaughter to have feelings for Irene or otherwise.

...

When Irene arrived at the airport at eight o'clock in the morning, Tiffany was already waiting for her. As the both of them walked together, Tiffany quickly mentioned something important to Irene. "Your brother called me last night. Someone tried to share pictures of you spending New Year's Eve with the Manoban family online. However, your brother managed to stop and kill off the news immediately. If anyone managed to take such clear shots of you, then it must have been one of the guests at the Manoban family mansion last night."

Irene frowned as soon as she heard Tiffany's words. She had only just agreed to obey Grandpa Manoban's rules and someone was already trying to set her up at the very next moment?