Chapter 277: I Can Afford to Pay That Small Amount of Money

"That would be easy. It does not require me to specially make a personal trip over to Conrad Seoul Hotel. I can just settle it with a phone call," Tiffany replied as she took her cell phone out from her purse and waved it in front of Irene. "This is such a small matter. To think that I've actually made so many trips to Conrad Seoul Hotel just so that they would give in and accept her as one of the guests for the variety program. They will definitely be celebrating now since they did not want to offer her the spot in the first place."

After that, Tiffany clicked on the dial button immediately.

At this time, Jin-hee quickly pointed a finger at Tiffany before she said, "I have already signed the employment contract with the production group. If you ask them to pull out now, this will be a breach of contract!"

"I can afford to pay that small amount of money," Irene replied as she stared at Jin-hee. "Moreover, do you think that the production team will choose to replace you or to retain Conrad Seoul Hotel as their biggest sponsor?"

After listening to Irene's words, Jin-hee's face turned pale immediately. "Irene! Don't push me to a dead end!"

"So what if I do...?" Irene replied coldly.

Even though Jin-hee was very reluctant to do so, she eventually knelt down in front of Irene before she started begging her desperately. "Sister Irene, please just give me a way out this time. I only did that because I was coerced into doing so by Sister Hani. You know how terrible my life would be if I refused to cooperate with her. I had no choice but to do so. Please believe me. I will not do it again. Please let me off and give me one last chance. I promise that I will always be grateful to you."

Irene reached out her hand and lifted Jin-hee's chin up as she looked right back into her watery eyes. "Then, why don't you tell me...what you are doing with your cell phone now?"

Irene stared at the cell phone that Jin-hee was holding in her hand.

Recording?

Tiffany sneered before she stepped forward and grabbed the cell phone from Jin-hee's hand. After deleting the recording, Tiffany threw Jin-hee's cell phone on the ground in front of her.

"Don't try to be a smart ass in front of Irene. You will never be qualified enough to compete with her."

Jin-hee looked at the cell phone on the ground before she finally collapsed on the ground, feeling completely defeated.

"Jin-hee, you have selected the wrong opponent to deal with...I have given you a few chances but I realize now that some people are just too stubborn and evil for their own good. What are you hoping to take from me?"

"You have so many good resources allocated to you. Director Jung has already given all the resources in this company to you!"

"I got those resources based on my own abilities. You have not experienced hell before, so you do not know what it feels like to be in hell." After that, Irene took off her suit jacket and exposed the scars on her shoulders to Jin-hee. "Those resources that you are pining for, those resources that you are feeling envious of...I was burned by cigarette butts on my skin just for those so-called resources. Can you even imagine how much it hurts and do you even know what it smells like when your skin is burning?"

When Jin-hee looked at the scars on Irene's body, she subconsciously placed her hand over her shoulders. She could already imagine how torturous and painful it must have felt to be burnt like that.

"Do you understand how it feels like to be hated by the whole country and getting scolded, and criticized even when you are not doing anything? Do you know what despair is?"