Chapter 302: Sister-in-Law, You are So Cool

It was the exact situation when she lost her daughter many years ago. She was obviously the victim at that time, but everyone had asked her to calm down and not to make a big issue out of the matter.

How could she not care...

Hahaha.

That was the reason why Kim Dasom stared at Choi Min-hwan with those cold and vacant eyes as she had a distant and desperate expression on her face. But this time...

Choi Min-hwan pushed his mother aside before he walked over to Kim Dasom's side to protect and defend her.

"Don't you think that you owe us this slap?"

Choi Min-hwan was in disbelief as she stared at her son. She felt incredulous. "You...do you even know what you are saying right now?"

"If it was not because of you, my daughter would be in elementary school with pigtails right now," Choi Min-hwan sneered as he glared at his mother coldly with resentment in his eyes.

"That is because I wanted you to have a son!"

"I do not need to have a son. I had everything that I needed initially. I had a wife and a daughter. However, because of your viciousness, I have been left with nothing for the past few years. I lost everything I loved in the blink of an eye. Mom, do you know that my biggest regret is not stepping up and taking a stand in this matter many years ago? I should have supported Kim Dasom instead of allowing her to suffer and be wronged like this. I should have stood by her side many years ago. Do you know that you have ruined my home and made me lose everything I had?" Choi Min-hwan yelled at his mother in a hysterical manner as he let out all these years of frustrations that he had kept pent up inside.

"I regret hurting the most important person that I love so much just because we are family. I regret allowing Dasom's heart to turn so cold because of your deception."

Choi Min-hwan's mother was shocked at her son's sudden outburst and reaction and she started crying. "I only did what I have done for the sake of your family!"

"You did it for yourself!" Choi Min-hwan refuted her words immediately. "You are also a woman, so how could you treat Kim Dasom as though she is the Choi family's birth machine and nothing more than that? She is also a human with feelings and emotions..."

"Because she will only have a way out if she has a son..."

Choi Min-hwan shook his head and denied everything that his mother had just said. "No. I would have loved my daughter the same way. Do you know what it feels like for a biological mother to know that her daughter is dead? I suffer from insomnia every night and I have never been able to have a good night's sleep for the past few years. I love my wife and I feel so sad and depressed whenever I think about my unborn child. I have only been a father for a short while and I lost everything because of you!"

"Choi Min-hwan, how could you speak to your mother in this manner?" Choi Min-hwan's father yelled at Choi Min-hwan at this time.

"Mother?" Choi Min-hwan chuckled as he listened to his father's words. "I have not regarded her as my mother for the longest time already..."

"Is this is the reason why you have never called me even after all these years?" Choi Min-hwan's mother asked as she cried.

"Do you think you are worthy to be my mother after everything you have done?"

"Are you serious? You would abandon your own father and mother just because of that woman?" Choi Min-hwan's father asked as he pointed his shaky, wrinkled right hand at Choi Min-hwan. "Choi Min-hwan, I advise you to think properly right now. If you are really thinking of abandoning your own family, then you can forget about ever inheriting the legacy of the Choi family. I will not leave you a single cent or penny."