Chapter 220: Really Hopeless

On Tuesday afternoon, Tiffany and Irene headed to Director Mong's office. This time, Director Mong looked at Irene in a totally different light.

"We will only start filming in three months' time. During this time, there are a lot of skills that you will have to learn and equip yourself with. Specifically, you will have to learn how to use a gun and shoot, combat fighting, and also some singing, as Ji Min-ah is a very talented singer. You must also make sure to memorize all your lines and be familiar with your script. If you are not familiar with your lines when filming had already begun, I will not hesitate to replace you with another actress."

Director Mong gave his instructions to Irene in a very serious manner.

"Director Mong, why don't you get a few field experts to test my skills before we start filming the drama officially? This way, you can be rest assured that I will not disappoint you. What do you think of this suggestion?"

When Director Mong heard Irene's words, he instantly felt relieved.

"You are really a very smart girl, just as what Director Han Joo-won had told me. Alright then. Don't cry when I am strict with you!"

"I will not let you down, Director Mong."

...

That night, the production team for finally made an official announcement that Irene had been casted as their first female lead.

Director Mong also took the opportunity to do Irene a favour by announcing that Irene had already approached him to audition for the role of the first female lead of quite some time ago. Therefore, this meant that Irene had never had the intention to rob Lee Sung Kyung of the role of the first female lead in the youth drama.

It was not the type of drama that Irene wanted to star in.

However, was an extremely hot youth idol drama that most of the young actresses were fighting to star in because of its popularity. So, why did it seem so worthless to Irene?

The most surprising thing was that Irene actually turned down the opportunity to become the first female lead of just so she could become the first female lead of Forgotten, which was a historical and patriotic drama.

Was she retarded? Didn't she know what was popular with the public right now? Was her agent snoozing instead of working?

She had actually refused to appear in a youth idol drama in favor of a historical drama?

It was really extremely shocking.

Since Irene was not interested in being a part of their drama, the production team of did not hesitate to contact some of the other young actresses.

But Irene did not care.

The people in the entertainment industry had mixed opinions on Irene's decision.

However, it became clear to everyone that Irene did not intend to take the idol path that every other young actress was taking. Although her attitude was very commendable, how would it be possible for anyone to just choose another path? Moreover, the drama that she had chosen to star in was a historical drama with a very limited audience.

[Let's just wait to watch a good show. When the historical drama airs, Irene will finally know what it feels like to be smacked right back in the face.]

[It's really a shame. I really hope that Irene can become the first female lead in the youth drama.]

[Although I can understand why Irene wants to prove her acting skills and ability, I really don't understand why she has chosen to act in a historical drama...it's a bit too boring to ignite the audience's interest.]