Chapter 231: Her Charismatic Husband Was Back Again

Irene took the white envelope from CL and when she opened it up, she realized that it was an invitation letter from Lisa's university. As an alumnus of the university, Lisa was invited to participate in the university's sixtieth anniversary dinner tomorrow night.

"What is that?"

Tiffany asked Irene but when she saw the invitation letter, she immediately replied, "Oh, since the second young miss is an alumnus of the university, it is normal for her to receive invitations to attend events such as this."

Irene quickly held out the invitation letter and smiled reluctantly before she asked CL to put the invitation letter in a prominent place in case Lisa needed to use it.

Alas, nobody would understand the bitterness that she was feeling in her heart.

Tiffany did not notice anything unusual and she continued looking and deciding on the next activity that she should secure for Irene. "That's right, I almost forgot! After participating in the recording for the third issue of HWY, you will have to attend the annual dinner hosted by Ace Media. This will be your first year attending the annual dinner. Therefore, you should make time for it to meet some of the people in the top management and also for you to meet and greet some of your seniors in the industry."

"Alright. You can make the arrangements for me," Irene replied in a bitter manner as she nodded her head.

Later that afternoon, Irene went to the music teacher's house for her singing lessons before she headed directly to the shooting range for her training.

However, Irene did not need help from her coach at all today. This was because she vented her anger and all her feelings that were pent up deep inside her and focused it on the bullets instead.

"Not bad. You did very well today. You are making good progress." The female coach who was standing behind Irene praised her because she did not know the reason behind Irene's motivation today.

After she was done with her training at the shooting range, Irene went home immediately and after taking a shower, she took out her script and started memorizing her lines for the upcoming drama. It seemed as though this was the only way to stop herself from overthinking.

At half past six later that evening, Lisa received news that her wife had already completed her training at the shooting range in the afternoon. She was just telling her how much she needed her as her motivation yesterday, but why did she go to the shooting range by herself today?

Lisa arrived back at the villa at seven o'clock at night and as soon as she stepped into the house, CL quickly approached her and said, "Miss, I seemed to have done something wrong."

CL felt very guilty and felt as though she was the reason why Irene was upset. Although Irene did not say anything, CL could tell that she was not her usual self and that she seemed a little upset.

After explaining the situation to Lisa, CL handed the invitation letter over to her.

Lisa took the invitation letter from CL before she nodded slightly. "Okay, I got it. You can get off work now."

Lisa then took the invitation card as she headed to the balcony on the second floor. She saw Irene sitting on the lounge chair on the balcony as she enjoyed the cold and chilly sea breeze.

Lisa put down the invitation letter and then walked behind Irene and carried her up from the chair before bringing her into their bedroom. "It's cold outside. You will fall sick easily like this."

"Lisa." Irene wrapped her arms around Lisa's neck and she felt like crying because she felt so much distress. "Although I know that it's not my fault, but I feel that there are some things that I would never be able to measure up to or replace no matter how hard I try. I am really sad, Lisa. I have really been working very hard but it does not seem to matter anyway..."