Chapter 354: I Will Do Well and Leave You Speechless

After replying Lisa with those three words, Irene turned around and saw Lisa, who was standing on the balcony on the second floor.

Irene smiled sweetly as she waved at her.

"Come back into the house as soon as you are done with the fireworks. Don't you know that your body is already cold internally?"

"I got it," Irene quickly replied before hanging up the phone. After making sure that Lisa had already stepped back inside the house, Irene laughed as she looked at Ryujin and said, "Sister Ryujin, could you please do me a favour? I need your help."

"What are you planning to do?"

"Someone has to step up and do this eventually." Irene continued releasing all of the fireworks before she entered the living room with Ryujin.

After a brief moment, Ryujin whispered to Irene, "Grandpa is still in her study and Lisa is in Aunt's bedroom on the second floor. Hurry up and do what you need to. I will stay here and keep watch for you."

"Thank you."

After that, Irene knocked on Grandpa Manoban's study room door before she entered and said, "Grandpa Manoban."

At this time, Old Master Manoban was sitting behind his desk and he was reading a book. He had his reading glasses on because his vision is no longer as good as it was before.

"Young girl, what secret do you want to share with me today?" Grandpa Manoban asked as soon as he saw Irene entering his study room. He could already anticipate that Irene did not simply came into his study room just to say hello to him.

Irene seized the opportunity to kneel down before Old Master Manoban.

"Can you promise not to get angry...after I tell you?"

"Speak." The old man put down the book that he had in his hand before he looked at Irene.

"When you are looking for a girl to be Lisa's girlfriend, can you...consider me too?"

Old Master Manoban was extremely shocked as soon as he heard Irene's sentence. "What are you talking about?"

"I asked if you can please consider me when you are looking for a girl to be Lisa's girlfriend."

This time, Old Master Manoban heard Irene's words loud and clear. "Young girl, what are you saying? Are you kidding me?"

"I am not kidding, Grandpa Manoban. I really like Lisa."

"Shameless!" The old man yelled. "Don't you know your own identity and status now? You used to be her brother's fiancée. Now, you are telling me that you want to be Lisa's girlfriend? Where is your dignity?"

"Grandpa Manoban, I have never once told you that I liked Nickhun! Can I tell you a story?" Irene said as she continued kneeling on the floor. She remained humble as she decided to tell Old Master Manoban about all the grievances and humiliations that she had suffered over the years because of Nickhun. "I do not know the exact statistics but I can tell you for certain that Nickhun tried to destroy me and take my life for more than three times already."

Old Master Manoban did not know what to say after listening to Irene's story. He could not say that she had made it all up. After all, he was the one who had arranged for both of them to be engaged when they were young.

He had never thought that this young girl would suffer so much grievance and humiliation because of that beast. He did not know that she had almost lost her innocence and almost died a few times because of him.

"Even if it is all my fault for arranging your marriage with Nickhun, what does this has to do with Lisa?"

"All the grievances and humiliation that I suffered has nothing to do with him, but the fact that I like him has something to do with him," Irene replied the old man in a serious manner. "Grandpa Manoban, even if you scold me or beat me to death today, I still have to put aside my pride to come forward and confess what I feel. I do not want to stand by idly and watch as you continue looking for a girlfriend for Lisa."