Chapter 272: Please Tell Us Who That Person Is!

For the next few hours, there were many comments and opinions online. Whenever artists were involved in public welfare, they would often be subjected to harsh criticism.

They would be judged on the amount donated, whether it is more or less, as well as on every single action that they take. Once an artist becomes a target, netizens and the public would continuously judge them based on their attitudes and actions.

Regardless of the status or identity of the artist, the netizens would then always refer to them in a similar manner, for instance: "Oh, it's that artist who has caused havoc by creating an educational platform for students. I heard that someone lost their grandson because of the platform that she created." In other words, anything that they do in future would no longer be relevant, nor could they make up for anything that had already happened.

Things escalated quickly and the netizens began cursing at Irene and Ace Media.

[Come out and explain yourself! Don't pretend to go missing at a time like this.]

[The old man's grandson is missing! Irene, why don't you use your intelligence to solve this case now?]

[The comments above are really disgusting! I have no choice but to speak up for Irene. Why are all of you attacking her as though you already know the facts of the case? Irene created the educational platform for your benefit but once something goes wrong, all of you are ganging up against her and criticizing her for creating the platform in the first place. How can you even be certain that the video and what the old man has said is true? Even if what the old man has said is indeed true, how can you be certain that there is no misunderstanding or miscommunication in this matter? Why don't you guys keep your criticism and opinions to yourself until this matter has been officially clarified?]

Irene subsequently expressed her opinion on her public social media account.

@BaeBaeLovestheScenery: "We had already contacted the police to lodge an official police report as soon as we found out about this matter. We will definitely give our full and utmost cooperation to the police to help in their investigation of this matter."

After that, Ace Media released an official statement using their account.

@AceMedia: "The educational platform that Irene has set up was prepared as a thank you gift to the Baetokkis when Irene achieved twenty million fans and followers. The educational platform is currently only made available to all of her fans and followers who are officially registered as Baetokkis. Irene has hired all the top education and counselling experts in the industry to provide their services on the educational platform without reaping any profits at all and so far, the service has been well-received. Therefore, as soon as Ace Media and the Baetokkis found out that the elderly man's grandson had gone missing, our support team responded immediately by contacting the police without any hesitation at all. Ace Media promises to give our full cooperation to the police in order for them to investigate and come to the bottom of this matter. We will make sure to provide the public an explanation as soon as possible. We only hope that the majority of the netizens can be patient and try not to trample on Irene's act of kindness without finding out the truth."

Ace Media had not only lodged a police report, but they also contacted the elderly man to understand and find out the truth about this matter. They also assured the old man that they would definitely try their best to find his grandson as soon as possible.

However, even after all of these efforts, some of the netizens still had something to say.

[What exactly is the point of releasing an official statement? You are just putting on a show for the public to see.]