Chapter 252: Sorry, You Can't Escape Anymore

"Brother Xuan, why won't you let me chat with Sister Irene for a little while? It was not easy for me to finally have the opportunity to meet her," Jin-hee pouted as she asked her agent with a puzzled expression on her face.

"You are a film and television graduate from a reputable university. Director Jung has very high expectations of you. Irene is meanwhile just an artist who has become a little bit famous because of a variety program. How could she even be compared to you?" the agent reminded Jin-hee in a serious manner. "Just focus on your own acting. How long do you think someone like Irene will be famous for?"

"If she could gain some fame for herself, even if through a variety show, then it must be due to her own talents and abilities," Jin-hee replied as she did not agree with her agent's opinion.

The both of them spoke quietly at a corner. Although their voices were clearly soft, there was also a hint of harshness in their words.

In fact, Irene and Tiffany already knew what was running through the agent's mind.

They already knew that in the eyes of the other artists signed under Ace Media, Irene was someone who did not belong in the same circle or class as them. The contempt that they had in their eyes was unmistakable.

"You have already given your best and worked very hard to turn your own situation around. This is not your fault," Tiffany said as she tried to appease Irene. "And as long as it is not a matter relating to your character, there is no one who can judge you or think that they are more superior than you."

Irene laughed slightly and tried not to be affected by the situation. At this time, a woman who was dressed glamorously in a red dress walked over to Irene before she said, "Irene, do you know how to dance?"

"Sister Hani, I would not want to embarrass myself in front of you," Irene answered immediately.

"It is a rare opportunity that I am offering you so you can help to cheer everyone up tonight. After all, all of us believe that you are a very versatile artist with many different unexpected talents. If you refuse to show us some of your talents, does that mean that you are not giving us face?"

The other party continued challenging Irene and at this time, Tiffany suddenly stepped forward to defend Irene. "Sister Hani, please be more lenient towards Irene today. How can she dance when she is wearing such high heels right now? Maybe she can show you a dance next time?"

"If your heels are high...you can just take them off. Irene, don't you agree with me?" Hani asked as she smiled coldly at Irene.

This was clearly malice, and Hani was no longer doing this just to humiliate Irene. At this time, Irene also laughed as she replied, "Sister Hani, I am just an insignificant junior who should not be hindering you or getting in your way at this banquet tonight. I hope that we will not have any conflict because I do not want things to get ugly between us."

"Since you have already acknowledged that you are my junior, why are you rejecting my invitation then? Are you really not going to give me any face at all?"

After listening to Hani's words, Tiffany was about to pull Irene away from the confrontation but at this time, Irene pushed Tiffany aside before she dropped the glass of champagne that she held in her hand all along. Everyone turned around and cast their eyes on both Irene and Hani as soon as they heard the sound of the glass shattering as it hit the ground.

"Do you really think that I have so much respect for you just because I am addressing you as my senior? Are you qualified enough to even ask me to dance for you?" After speaking, Irene took one of her ATM cards out before she threw it at Hani. "There is two million won in this card alone. Why don't you take the money and dance for me instead? After all...how much money have you actually made even after acting in so many different dramas?"