Chapter 263: It is Everyone's Responsibility to Look After Children

A brief moment later, Lisa could feel her small and delicate fingers brushing hers. Although she was trying her best to be careful, her technique was just too rough and she could not get an accurate measurement no matter how hard she tried.

Irene used the piece of red string around Lisa's finger for a long time and she was already breaking out in cold sweat because she was afraid that she would wake Lisa up. At this time, she suddenly remembered that she should have measured her ring finger instead of her middle finger. She wanted to curse at herself because she had been tossing the string around Lisa's middle finger all this time. Now, she had to repeat the measurement all over again.

"Sigh..."

What a silly girl.

She was only ever this dense and clumsy in front of Lisa.

The woman who had been lying motionless all this while suddenly felt that the situation was unbearable. So, she decided to sit up as she placed her hand over Irene's and asked, "Do you need my help?"

"Are you awake?" Irene asked as she was stunned.

Lisa gave her a tight hug before she answered in a serious manner, "Silly girl. My ring size is eighteen. If you continue measuring me, I am going to lose my finger."

As soon as Irene heard Lisa's words, she quickly threw the string away before she looked at Lisa who is sitting in front of her. "Were you pretending to be asleep all along? Are you making fun of me now? See, this won't be a surprise anymore! You've spoiled everything!"

Lisa looked at Irene and after a split second, she let go of her and opened the bedside drawer that was right next to her. Then, she took out a box before she handed it over to Irene. "Open it."

Irene opened the box with a suspicious expression on her face. In addition to their marriage certificates, there were two wedding rings lying inside the box.

Lisa took out the female ring from the box and placed it in Irene's palm before hugged her tightly in his arms. "The French designer told me that the name of this wedding ring is 'Holding Hearts'."

This was because the shape of the ring, with its eight prongs holding onto the diamond, resembled human hands holding onto a heart.

"It is really special." Irene slipped the ring onto her finger as she moved her hand around under the dim light. The diamond ring on her finger sparkled brightly. "What about the other ring?"

Irene hurriedly looked at the man's ring and found that it was very simple and hollow.

"This ring is called 'Locking Hearts'." This was because as soon as Irene placed her ring into Lisa's, both the rings fit perfectly as though they were one.

Irene took the ring out of the box and grabbed Lisa's hand immediately so that she could put the ring onto her finger.

The pair of rings looked magical and it was obvious that they belonged together.

After putting on the wedding ring, Irene broke free from Lisa's grasp and rolled towards the other end of the bed before she asked him, "When did you prepare the wedding rings? Why didn't you tell me anything about it?"

"I thought that you would not want to wear the ring."

"I cannot be wearing the ring because it would be very inconvenient for me when I participate in events or activities. Moreover, I have to record the fourth issue of tomorrow and I would probably be crawling around the grass or digging into the ground then. I cannot bear to wear this beautiful ring in such situations. After we make our relationship known to the public, I will wear this ring every day..."