Part 27 - Listen To You

It was in the morning that the sun outside penetrated through one corner of the window, which made Cen Li thinner.

The operation can't be arranged casually. Bai Chengyu hesitated for a while.

"Are you sure you are going to have an operation today?" Bai Chengyu said, "I can't completely guarantee that nothing will happen, and your mother is still in hospital."

Cen Li squeezed his lips gently, "What kind of operation will be risky."

"...Okay."

After the operation was arranged for four hours, Bai Chengyu poured a cup of hot tea to warm his body.

Cen Li stared out of the window. It was in early winter that only bare branches were left in the poplar trees outside. Cen Li thought of a story. The terminally ill patient looked at the tree outside the ward and thought that when all the leaves fell, his life would disappear.

Later, a painter learned that he drew a leaf that never faded that night, giving the man hope.

What about his hope?

The white fog spread up from the edge of the cup, and Cen Li's hands were also a little hot.

There are many patients in the morning, and some patients will always come in Bai Chengyu's department.

Cen Li put the teacup beside the table and walked out of the corridor. He watched people coming and going endlessly.

He raised his left wrist and looked at the time. There were still three hours before the operation.

When he came out of the hospital, the smell of disinfectant gradually dissipated. The sun covered his body with a trace of warmth. Cen Li narrowed his eyes slightly.

Suddenly, he bumped into a person behind him. Cen Li was about to say sorry, but he found that the person behind him was Han Chen.

"...Professor Han...Why are you here?"

"My family is in the hospital, and they came over just in the morning." Han Chen said, "Well, you didn't even reply to text messages after hanging up the phone last night."

"..." Cen Li looked a little embarrassed.

"But it's not a big deal. It's just that if you do this, I'll be worried." Han Chen looked at him deeply, as if he had detached the relationship between teachers and students.

Cen Li found that he was too close to the other party and took a step back.

Han Chen smiled and said, "Every time I get closer to you, you will dodge and say that you don't hate me."

"...It's not annoying."

"Are you feeling better?" Han Chen asked.

"It's better." Cen Li replied, maybe because he was guilty and opened his head aside.

There was a gap in the collar of the sweater, and there were a little kiss marks left on the white neck, which made Han Chen's eyes darker and darker, "Have you dated your girlfriend?"

Unexpectedly, Han Chen would suddenly ask such a private question. Cen Li said uncomfortablely, "Not yet."

Cen Li is emotionally like a blank sheet of paper. In the past, puppy love was not allowed in school, so he followed the rules and rarely got close to girls. Now when he goes to college, he doesn't have those rules, but for some reasons, he also avoided those girls who show his favor.

......

Jiang Yan saw Cen Li go out in the morning, so he sent someone to follow him and found that the place Cen Li went was the hospital.

After receiving the news, he told Ning Xiuyuan.

"To the hospital?"

"... Did Cen Li have any serious illness?" Jiang Yan asked.

Yesterday, Cen Li told him that it was a stomach disease, but it was not serious. If there was any disease, Bai Chengyu would also tell him during the previous examination.

Ning Xiuyuan felt more and more that Cen Li had something to hide from him.

He called Cen Li directly and asked, "What are you doing in the hospital?"

Cen Li finished the last preoperative examination and was barely qualified. He just wanted to be a normal man.

"I have a stomachache." The long-term depression finally relieved him a little.

He said, "I'll listen to you this time."