Part 34 - After Drinking

The mobile phone in his pocket vibrated. Cen Li took out the mobile phone and saw the text message sent to him by Han Chen.

Since the last time, he has not replied to any more news from Han Chen.

The school holds a dinner for department cadres every semester. The time is announced on Tuesday next week, which coincides with Thanksgiving Day, and many teachers have been invited.

Cen Li used to just sit quietly. The hot discussion on the table seemed to have nothing to do with him. He rarely drank wine. If someone toasted him, he would symbolically squeeze it.

But today he drank a lot, perhaps because of long-term depression. Those sitting with him were all classmates, and the teachers sat at another table.

Several people went to toast with glasses and brushed a sense of existence in front of the teacher. Maybe they could help him more in the future. Cen Li didn't know much about social truths. He poured a glass of wine for himself dully and poured it into his throat. A spicy taste filled his mouth.

"It's really rare. Cen Li actually drank today." The boy sitting at the table with him joked with a smile.

"Let's have a drink together." Someone picked up the glass and touched Cen Li.

Cen Li refused and drank several cups of white ones sullenly. He didn't drink often, so that his cheeks turned scarlet and his eyebrows frewed slightly. Obviously, he looked like he wanted to push people out, but there was inexplicably a trace of temptation.

There are also several girls sitting at this table. Cen Li has a good reputation in L, but it doesn't look easy to contact and is prohibitive.

"Zhang Zhengyu, don't toast Cen Li all the time. He can't drink that much." A girl next to her opened her mouth.

"Yo...heartache?" The boy known as Zhang Zhengyu smiled, "But I heard that Cen Li rejected Xia Lu in their class not long ago. You should be psychologically prepared."

"...What nonsense are you talking about?" The girl was unwilling to push Zhang Zhengyu's shoulders, and laughter and curses came from all around, and the atmosphere became lively.

The voice in my ear is not very real, and my eyes gradually become the same. I can't see what is in front of me clearly.

The mobile phone in his pocket rang, and Cen Li didn't seem to hear it. Someone next to him reminded him, but the mobile phone rang for a while and it was silent.

My head is so dizzy that I can't concentrate.

In a trance, he heard someone say, "Hello, Professor Han."

Cen Li raised his head in a daze and looked ahead with a loss of focus, not seeing the other party clearly.

Han Chen said, "You go ahead. Cen Li has drunk too much. I'll take him back first."

"Professor Han, why are you so kind to Cen Li?" Someone asked.

Han Chen smiled and said, "If you can translate the materials for me and there are no wrong words, I can also treat you well."

"...Forget it. Let's leave this kind of good job to Cen Li." The man quickly refused. He didn't want to sacrifice his spare time to do these things. Although Han Chen looked affable, he was actually very strict. If he suffered, he would be thankless.

Han Chen helped Cen Li up, and the smile on his face faded.

Cen Li's mobile phone rang again. Han Chen took out the mobile phone and pressed it directly to turn it off after seeing the caller.

"...you, are you?" Cen Li asked in a daze.

"I haven't seen me for so long." Han Chen whispered.

In the past few days, Ning Xiuyuan went back to his old house. In order to avoid his relationship with Cen Li being discovered by his family, he reduced the number of times he contacted Cen Li.

Jiang Yan went there with him, because the two families were intertist, and Ning Qi also told him to take good care of Jiang Yan.

After coming back, Cen Li couldn't dial through, and then dialed it to show that the other party had turned off the phone.

Ning Xiuyuan knew where Cen Li had dinner. He calmed down and drove straight there.