Part 86 - And I'm here

After coming out of Ning's house, Cen Li accelerated his pace, walked to the nearest roadside, took a taxi, and then told the driver the address of the hospital.

When the driver drove the car outside the hospital, Cen Li realized that he didn't bring any money.

The driver looked at him suspiciously. After all, judging from his clothes, it didn't seem that he couldn't afford to pay the fare.

Last time, he said that after he lost it, Ning Xiuyuan bought him another more expensive one. He took it off and handed it to the driver, saying, "Here you are this watch."

"...???" The driver looked incredible, but before he could say anything, Cen Li took off his watch and pushed the door open and got out of the car.

For Cen Li, every item given to him by Ning Xiuyuan is a passing cloud.

Cen Li hurried to the hospital, but he didn't see anyone in the ward. He asked a passing nurse, who said that the patient was in the emergency room.

He met the nurse outside the emergency room. The nurse looked a little haggard, but Cen Li was unwilling to think about the bad place.

"How's my mother?" Cen Li asked.

The nurse squeezed his lips and his eyes turned red. "Where have you been these days? Auntie has always wanted to see you and always misses you.

"..." Cen Li was speechless for a moment and said in a few seconds, "School has started, and there are many things to do."

"FortunATELY, Brother Han often comes to the hospital to visit the aunt, which makes her not so worried. Someone just came to him, so he went out and should come back later." Xiaohui's voice has a little nasal sound. After all, she is a young girl. She has little knowledge of this kind of time, not to mention that Cen Li's mother has been taking care of for several years, and naturally she also has feelings.

Xiaohui said again, "Auntie's condition is not very good. The doctor said... the family should be psychologically prepared."

During this period, women can't even swallow water, but can only live on infusion of nutrients. The whole body is out of strength and multiple organ functions are exhausted.

In fact, first aid can't play a big role, so it can only be delayed for a while.

"What did you say?"

He didn't seem to hear this sentence, but his previous strength gradually pulled away from his body, leaning his back weakly against the wall of the corridor. After persisting for so many years, he just wanted his mother's condition to recover. After graduation, his mother would no longer have to suffer.

Xiaohui's voice was a little choked, and her eyes were gradually getting wet. She said, "When the aunt comes out, you let her have a good look. When she wakes up these days, she will read your name. She always tells me how many certificates you have won before and pasted the walls of the house. She has been guilty and failed to let her. You have a complete family and worry about her.

"..." His throat was so astringent that he seemed to make no more noise. He seemed to understand why his mother wanted to see him start a family.

"Cen Li, auntie is out... Even if you just want to please her, anyway, you have to have a girlfriend in the future. You can say something to reassure her first, otherwise your aunt will always say that there is no one around you to accompany you."

"..." Cen Li just nodded, but in fact, he didn't know what to say.

He seldom lies, but after saying a lie, he will tell countless lies to justify it.

These short hours made Cen Li feel extremely long.

At first, he thought about it and studied hard. His mother taught him like this from childhood to adulthood. Later, when he couldn't go to school, he thought that his mother could recover.

He suddenly became confused. He didn't even know why he lived like this.

Withstanding the criticism from the outside world, he was locked up in a cage-like house. As a man, he did not do a decent job, but became someone else's plaything and gave birth to children to other men.

The girl who was favored by herself saw herself pressed by another man on the wall of the hotel to kiss and said those dirty words. At that time, he just wanted to disappear into the world quickly, and Ning Xiuyuan kept breaking through the bottom line he could bear.

I think of a lot in my mind, maybe it's because my past life is still good that I keep comparing it with the present.

The door of the emergency room was pushed open, and Cen Li saw the doctor coming out of it.

The other party also knew him and asked, "Why are you here now?"

"..." Cen Li squeezed his thin lips slightly, and thought so. As Jiang Yan said, his mother's life and death in the hospital were uncertain, but he was served in the house.

He hated himself together. If he could pay more attention to the news of the hospital and visit the hospital a few more times, he would not even know that his mother was critically ill.

"Time is running out. Stay in the hospital to accompany the patients." The doctor said again.

"... Uh-huh." Cen Li nodded.

Xiaohui was sobbing, but for some reason, he couldn't cry. He just felt that the road ahead had become empty and scared him.

In the cramped house, although the walls were not so white, a layer of clean wallpaper was pasted. Because the furniture had been old, the paint outside gradually fell off. His table was just a simple square table with his shelf, stacked with various books. Every night he turned on the desk lamp and sat down. Look at the table.

Only when he is at home will the food be more greasy. His mother always leaves the best to him. Those things may not be much worth to outsiders, but they are the most precious to him.

Every time he wants to help his mother with the housework, his mother will say, "I'll do these rough work. Your time should be spent on study. Mom's hopes are pinned on you."

High school is busy, and many students will attend extracurricular cram schools. He knows that his mother's burden is too heavy and he has never mentioned this matter. Anyway, he can figure out what he can learn in textbooks through it by himself.

He was a little tired of his studies. He would take a nap in front of his eyes closed. His mother would worry that he would catch a cold and go to his room and gently put on him a coat.

In this world, he only has the closest person.

Cen Li sat by the hospital bed. The woman closed her eyes tightly, wearing an oxygen mask, and her face was yellow. Cen Li didn't dare to blink her eyes.

"Did you like something to eat tonight?" Xiaohui asked him.

Cen Li shook his head, and then he noticed that it was getting late outside.

"Don't break your body, or your aunt will also worry." Xiaohui persuaded.

Xiaohui went out. After a while, the door of the ward was pushed open again, but Cen Li didn't hear anything.

It's just that someone seemed to be afraid that he would leave and held him firmly in his arms.

Cen Li looked back and heard the other party, "Cen Li, and I'm still here."