Epilogue

Gray's Point of View...

Years have passed already since that incident happened. It's been long ago but the pain...the pain is still there. It was hard to let go at first but, I learned how to accept it eventually. I was spacing out the whole time, I didn't noticed that Jay went in my office, where I am right now. He suddenly hugged me that took me back to reality.

"Jay, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I miss mom already..." He said sadly.

I sighed.

"I miss her too, son. But we can't do anything about it. It already happened. If given the chance, I would like to spend my years with you and your mom but..." I trailed off with a sigh.

"We can pay her a visit right?" Jay insisted.

"We just visited her yesterday, son. She might get mad at us for spending our whole time with her. You know your mom, she doesn't want our time to be wasted just for her..." I said and smiled.

"But mom's not a waste of time!" Jay said.

"I've explained that to her already, multiple times before but she's kind of hard headed so it didn't worked." I said and chuckled, so does he.

"Okay, fine. I'm not yet used to her not being with us for a long period of time." Jay complained.

"So am I son, but unfortunately, we can't do anything about it anymore." I explained.

"I know..." Jay said.

"Why don't you just play with Rain and Aice?" I suggested.

"Play? I'm too old for that, dad." He complained.

"Then just help your Mommy Mika keep an eye on them. You know how hyper those kids are." I said and smiled.

"Okay." He said.

"Thanks, son. I'll just be going somewhere." I said.

"Okay dad but what if they look for you?" He asked.

"Just tell them that I went to buy something for them." I said.

"Okay, take care dad." He said.

"I will, son." I said.

...

I placed the basket of flowers beside her tomb and sat down. I lit up the candle and sighed.

"Sorry for disturbing you everyday. It's just that, I miss you already--well ever since. You know after the incident happened between me and Lyon, I started to realize how one's life is important. I started to appreciate little things around me." I said.

I tell her how my life has been. I was even guilty for not paying her a visit after her burial. It wasn't easy for me.

"It was hard to let go, very hard. I'm sorry for not paying you a visit after your death. It was just painful...Too much to be kept. I've been with you for years and losing you in just a blink of an eye is very painful...I promised to live...To live for us." I said.

A tear escaped my eye and I immediately wiped it away.

"This is too much drama already. I ain't like this. I bet if you were still here you'd he laughing at me now." I said, smiling as memories flashed back in my mind.

"Well, I guess I have spent enough time with you already. Like I always say, Don't worry about your son. He's fine. He will be fine, just trust in him. I'm happy that you'd be resting in peace already. Always remember that we love you..." I said as I stood up.