Chapter 2- Mysterious Lies

"Is something bothering you Hu Tao?" Lucina asked as Hu Tao stared out the window of their building.

"No, I'm just thinking about Zhongli..." She muttered. Lucina gave her a hug and walked off. She felt, lost, lonely, she didn't know how to react.

Ding... Dong... Ding... Dong... Hu Tao slowly opened her eyes to see a creature staring down at her. It seemed human at the same time... not...

"Greetings, I was waiting for you to finally wake the HELL up," The creature shouted. Hu Tao backed away from the creature slowly.

Hu Tao asked, "W-What the hell are you?!" The creature seemed faceless, they just stood there as their dark face covered everything about them.

"I am your ruin, I live in the deepest parts of hell, yet I've noticed strong emotion from you..." The creature murmured. Hu Tao saw the entire scene become eerie and dark. The creature stood there with an empty face.

"What..." Hu Tao gasped. The creature came over and grabbed her face.

The creature laughed, "SMILE!!! SMILE MORE!!!" She stood there watching the creature create distorted images, she stood there staring at the creature in the face.

Hu Tao asked, "W-What?!" The creature dragged her to a mirror, she looked closer into the mirror and saw a figure, something far more different than a human. "W-WHAT THE **** IS THAT THING?!"

"That... is a spiritual creature, these were laid behind by the heroes you followed," The creature replied. Hu Tao was desperately trying to gasp for air.

"What do you mean?!" She stammered, she couldn't create words.

The creature responded, "These creatures are what make up your sadness, loneliness, everything that creates doom, you understand that, don't you?"

"Why does your voice sound so familiar?" Hu Tao asked. The creature looked down at her. They seemed tall, relatively tall.

"That's... because... I am familiar..." The creature giggled. Hu Tao stared at it. "I am created by your lost memories of Zhongli, hence why everything but my face seemed familiar."

"But I know Zhongli's face perfectly!" Hu Tao shouted. The creature looked at her.

"Then picture it..." She stood there, trembling, the creature continued to stand there menacingly. Hu Tao was struggling to create a picture of Zhongli's face but every time she did all she could see was distorted pictures of his face. "See you can't picture his face if I'm here existing, face it..."

Hu Tao shouted, "I WILL REMEMBER HIS FACE!" The creature grabbed her by the face. It started to develop a face.

"I WANNA SEE YOU TRYYY!!!!" The Creature screeched

"I WANNA SEE YOU TRYYY!!!!" The Creature screeched. Hu Tao began to form tears, the creature had this distorted smile on its face.

"AHHHHHHH!!!" Hu Tao screamed. She looked around her room, dark and calm. She looked out the window of her room, the city was still wilding.

"W-What... just happened," She muttered softly. She tried her best to fall asleep again but... that terrifying image... haunted her...