Chapter 28- Welcome Home...

"Here we are..." Lucina gasped. The heroes waited at the door. Lucina was ready to open the door when suddenly, a man opened the door instead

"Lucina?" He asked. Lucina looked up at him and began to wonder who it was. Soon they made an appearance...

"S-Step... father..." She whispered. She went into the castle and rushed over to the man. She gave him a great hug, it was quiet here but it was a nice feeling.

"OH STEP-FATHER I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Lucina cried. The man looked at her and smiled, both of them had tears in their eyes.

"Oh so you're his majesty?" Hu Tao asked. The person looked over and nodded

The man replied, "Excuse me, my name is Claude Von Riegan. I used to rule Ylisse but now this castle is just a shell of its former self..."

Lucina said with a smile, "It's okay... at least I finally know you're okay."

"Don't worry, I am alright. I just miss your father, you, and Morgan..." Claude replied.

Lucina sighed, "I miss them too... but Morgan is on the other side of Dawn. I'm sure one day he'll be able to return back with us." Claude nodded and gave her another hug.

Ganyu asked, "You used to rule Ylisse?"

"Indeed, I was from Almyra, moved to Fodlan for most of my life. I moved to Hero Town and fell in love with my... wonderful husband," Claude explained. He coughed into his handkerchief.

Lucina sighed, "Father was amazing, sure he didn't have the best reputation, but nevertheless, he was still wonderful." Claude nodded.

Lysithea asked, "So... what is your point of bringing us here?"

"Come along," Claude sighed. The heroes followed after Claude, the halls echoed in it's old tone. It was a memory of what it used to be.

Claude sighed, "I don't have much of a task for you all but rather, I want you to..." Claude looked down.

Markus asked, "What do you want us to see?"

"I've heard Zhongli is alive and so is Kirby, however I've never heard of you guys ever seeing a body of someone," Claude muttered.

Beth asked terrified, "A-A body?!"

"Well, it's completely clean, I promise," Claude sighed.

Shuichi asked nervously, "But isn't that a little creepy?"

"Well, it depends on what you believe creepy is, it might be, or it might not, it just depends on how you see it," Claude replied, then he opened the door.

Hu Tao asked, "Y-You preserved the dead body of King Chrom Lowell?!" Claude looked over and nodded.

"It's part of our legacy, we used to have Emelia here, but we moved her into a different room," Claude explained.

Lucina sighed, "Father..." She walked closer to the preserved body.

"It's... cool but wow this is kinda freaky here," Hu Tao giggled. She walked by and saw the dead body of Chrom.

Claude sighed, "I don't know what else to do, it's always just... something to note."