Chapter 128- Sacrifice To Serve A New Life

"Come closer," Divination said. The person nodded and walked up to Divination.

Lucina screamed, "YOU CAN'T DO THIS!! I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO MAKE TO THE VERY END!!"

"It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make Lucina..." They whispered. Lucina had tears in her eyes. Marissa rushed over and tried to help but Divination blocked her attacks.

Divination laughed, "I wouldn't do that if I were you. Otherwise I'll just kill Markus on the spot! He's decided to sacrifice himself and I'm willing to give information!"

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" Both Lucina and Marissa shouted. Markus looked at them and smiled.

Divination sighed, "In order to prove I'm not lying, I'll explain the whole gender division right now."

"Remember the heroes of the past? The spirits that came after you all? Yeah, they left. With Erica being the only one in charge, she created me and Opal. We were her children, and she used us to create a new Dawn vision. However, after we completed that task, she decided to come up with something. Something she liked to call, a 'new change to benefit the world.' So she asked me and Opal to go ahead and assign this division. So we did. Dawn City is where the split is," Divination began.

Lucina asked, "Can you just... let Markus go!?"

"SHUT UP! I'M NOT DONE EXPLAINING! DO YOU WANT THE STORY OR NOT!" Divination screamed. Lucina stood back and didn't reply.

Divination continued, "The city is where the world was divided. Me and Opal had no idea what we were doing but as long as it made Mother happy. We were okay. Turns out she divided the genders. Woman on the left side of dawn, and Men on the right.

It was... tragic to say the least, we didn't know Erica wanted to use this idea to a bad extent. However she did. Tasked me and Opal to rule the two divisions. However we never really abided by these rules. We... always broke them. Erica doesn't know, she doesn't care.

AND WHAT INFURIATES ME, IS THAT SHE BELIEVES THE GOD AWFUL STEREOTYPES OF MEN AND WOMEN! She divided these places, DUE TO THE FACT SHE BELIEVED MEN WERE TOO 'POWERFUL' AND WOMEN WERE 'WEAK.' Me and Opal... played into this... we didn't know it. Until it was too late.

You heroes have demonstrated so well how Erica was always in the wrong. Every timeline proved this, but Erica believed it wasn't enough. I wish... it didn't have to be this way. Maybe we could've gotten along, just maybe. She never learned that the duke was living on the women's side. She never knew anything.

If she ever found out, she would've punished me, killed me. She thinks... I'm not worth her time so she never bothers to ask me about anything. As the younger sibling, I did everything in my power to make her proud. But she... never once was proud of me. She doesn't care. She doesn't care about her own people. The believers, nobody. What's the point anymore, we're just mindless puppets into Erica's lies. I saved Opal, but I can't... save... myself..." The heroes all looked at one another.

Lysithea muttered, "I don't know if I should feel guilty or not." The heroes nodded with her.

Tiki encouraged, "You can save yourself. You may have killed Lord Opal but that doesn't mean you can't redeem yourself." Divination stood there quietly. His stern look made the heroes anxious.

Ganyu replied, "It's alright... we want to help. We never intend to hu-"

"I DON'T NEED HELP! ALL I NEED TO DO IS TO MAKE ERICA HAPPY! MARKUS WAS JUST THE WAY TO MAKE HER PROUD!" Divination shouted. The heroes stepped back.

Marissa shouted, "MARKUS!!"

"MARISSA!!" Markus shouted. Divination got infuriated and shoved him into a wall.

"NO!" Lucina rushed over and threw the Chaos sword. Missing both Divination and Markus.

Divination laughed, "You are desperate huh? Such a shame. I love you all like my children. But we can't have nice things can we?" He looked back at the heroes and at Markus.

Markus argued, "Wait! Can... I just say one more thing before you kill me?!"

"Make it quick," Divination ordered.

Markus began, "I'm really sorry it had to end this way. Maybe we can all learn to figure out how to save ourselves from this mess! Maybe we can all live a happy life! The rest of you keep fighting to the bitter end! Marissa, I'm sorry I stayed for only a short while. You know how much I care about you my dear twin sister. And Lucina... make your parents proud. You'll see me again soon. You'll see all of us again... soon." He gave them all a smile.

Beth shouted, "MARKUS YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!"

Markus replied, "It's for the best."

Divination laughed, "FOR THE BEST FOR ME!" Then he killed Markus. Hitting him on the head and stabbing the sword on his back.

"MARKUSSS!!!!" Lucina screamed.

Divination muttered, "Gods you children are so overdramatic." He took out the weapon and left the scene.

"MARKUS!!" Lucina screamed as she rushed over to Markus' body. It was... nothing more but a shell of who he was.

Marissa cried, "Markus... how could you do this?!" Lucina cried alongside her. The heroes... all felt lost once more. Their team was drifting apart. There were only so few left, who were going to come out alive?