Chapter 38- Divination and His Reality

Divination rushed in and placed Raiden on the bed. He took a deep breath and sat on the throne. Zhongli walked by.

"The heroes were asking about the Chaos sword..." Zhongli muttered. Divination looked up and stared at Zhongli.

Divination asked, "Did you tell them anything?"

"No sir, I didn't tell them anything. They just begged me but I didn't nudge at all," Zhongli sighed. Divination stared at him and took a deep breath.

Divination muttered, "Those children, they don't know how dangerous the sword is."

"Is your relationship with the heroes alright?"

"Yes it is Zhongli," Divination said. Then he turned around. He was afraid of losing the heroes to the darkness of the world.

Zhongli asked, "Is everything okay my lord?"

"Child, I swear everything is okay, I'm just a little distraught, that's all..."

"Don't worry about it, we all have our days where we feel that way, I felt that way when I was at my highest during my time in Liyue," Zhongli sighed. Divination looked over to him, he was afraid of losing those he loved.

"I hate myself, I don't feel like I deserve life here... I feel like a horrible god because I'm not allowing my children to do what they want, but all I want to do is to protect them..." He muttered softly. He looked down at the ground and got on his knees.

Zhongli asked, "Divination?"

Divination replied, "I COULDN'T EVEN SAVE THE PEOPLE I WORKED WITH!! I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON!!" Zhongli stood there watching him tear down.

"Who... did you work with?"

Divination asked, "Do you wish to know?!" He got up, cleared his tears, he placed his technology glasses on and he took a deep breath. "Do you really want to know?" Zhongli stood there and then Divination took another deep breath.

Zhongli sighed, "I do..."