Maladians

July 5,2015
Shawn and Mara made it to the top of the stairs that led down to the prison and the two Royal guards had been killed. Mara stepped down one step but Shawn put his arm out in front of her "hold on". At the other end where a hole had been blasted in the wall revealing the skyline as night set in, there were over ten stormtroopers that had blue arm guards indicating they weren't friendly, then the sound of two pairs of footsteps and an unmistakable breathing came from behind with the sounds of two lightsabers one normal the other different being ignited. Shawn and Mara ignited their own blades as one of the traitor stormtroopers yelled "blast them!".

Deflecting blaster bolts Mara tossed Shawn a blaster pistol which he fired while deflecting bolts as Mara did the same. The Tenth Brother then charged in cutting down the stormtroopers with ease while Vader mopped up the rest of them, Shawn went over to the cells and the rebels were gone. Twenty friendly stormtroopers ran in to who Vader said "lockdown the palace and I'd like a word with the commander", "yes sir" the officer said,

The three of them followed Vader to the palace security commander who turned around looking very surprised "Lord Vader what is it?" The officer asked, Vader raised his right hand pinching his forefinger and thumb slightly and the officer began choking "are you loyal to the Emperor or not commander Larkin?" Vader asked while Larkin was turning red and clutching at his throat "y-yes Lord Vader" Larkin replied, "If that's the case why allow traitors to attack the very place the Emperor resides unless you've conspired with them" Vader said releasing Larkin and making a beckoning gesture to Shawn. He stepped forward and Vader said "extract the truth from him".

Shawn didn't want to inflict that kind of pain on someone but knew he had no choice so he raised his hand and began probing Larkins mind, Larkin looked to be in more pain and Shawn knew he was telling the truth and said "he hasn't conspired with them Lord Vader". Vader said nothing for a minute before saying "very well you're dismissed the three of you", Shawn walked around were more guards patrolled before making it back to his quarters and crashing.

He had a dream of being out on a large balcony somewhere on the palace with lots of plants from across the galaxy were displayed and sensing danger, then his vision seemed to jump to a roof area were some camouflaged assassins were one aiming a sniper rifle at him. Shawn turned around and the assassins were now running back and forth between plants, it seemed so real so he tried attacking them with the Force but it didn't work until one threw a vibroblade at him,He snapped awake panting almost sitting up regaining his composure, he looked at the window and it was still night. Unable to sleep he threw his jacket on and walked out down the hall.

Eventually he walked outside onto a balcony with plants on it many large ones and a thought crossed his mind, I've seen this somewhere, he went to ten edge resting his arms on the railing with his chin on top watching the brightly lit skyline of the city that never stopped as ships zipped back and forth in organized lines. "Can't sleep?" Mara said startling him at first, "yeah couldn't sleep" Shawn replied, Mara sighed and walked over "something was just bugging me and it was like I was just out here" Shawn said and Mara replied "maybe the Force is telling you something".

Shawn said "you think so?" Intrigued by this, Mara shrugged replying "dunno anyway I'm gonna head back now you should do the same" as she walked away. Shawn thought for a minute maybe the Force was trying to tell him something, then he sensed the tiniest movement behind him, thinking it was Mara he looked back and she wasn't there "Mara?" He called out since she had been right there and even she didn't just disappear like that even if no lights were on the balcony. Shawn walked over where she'd just been and heard a faint powering up sound to his right and sensed a prescence,

He looked and it was the same assassins from the dream, Shawn reached for his lightsaber but had forgot it. "Oh great" he whispered then noticed Mara was slumped over against a wall further back. Recognizing the weapon was a force pike he dodged the stabs until attacking the assassins with the Force pushing them away, he sensed movement behind and ducked as a vibroblade was thrown at him. Turning around Shawn blasted the attacker with lightning before running back inside, but this was no good as one of the attackers tackled him driving a force pike in his back, It shocked him greatly and be pretended to be passed out.