Part 133

April 19th,2016
"I'd be wary of Governor Kaine if I were you Viceroy" Thrawn advised Saxon as the shuttle descended into the atmosphere "I will be Grand Admiral I've heard of his..brutal methods" Saxon replied. "This methods are required Saxon in these troubling times" Thrawn replied as the shuttle landed with the ramp descending, Thrawn exited first dolled by Saxon and his men seeing Moff Panaka was there "welcome to Earth gentlemen I hope your journey wasn't to long" Panaka said "avoiding a Separatist fleet was troublesome but not too difficult" Thrawn said as Panaka turned around walking inside.

Kaine was in his office studying a hologram of the flash points in the Galaxy monitoring the Separatist fleet massing near Baridia and even further in the Unknown Regions where they still produced their Munificent and Providence class warships along with the bulk of the droid army. Geonosis had once been the sight of the Death Star project and the Emperor had considered sterilizing the planet after the death of Poggle The Lesser but decided to leave to alone unaware the Confederacy had rearmed itself with the droid factories left over from the Clone Wars that weren't destroyed by the Republic during the second battle on the planet. Kaine had heard Director Krennic had worked with Poggle on the Death Star before the latter escaped custody.

The doors were opened and in walked Saxon with Thrawn "you called for me Governor?" Saxon asked holding his helmet under his arm "yes I did, as you're aware there's a group of insurgents in this city who've undermined us for far too long" Kaine said running his fingers in the wooden desk "I've heard your men are most skilled at ambushes". "We are Governor the best Mandalore has to offer" Saxon said and Kaine smirked with satisfaction "perhaps there's other matters we must find out as well" Thrawn said "pardon me Governor bug I'll have a word with Lord Vader" then walked out the doors down the hall.

Thrawn descended into the basement after being directed by passing officers. He saw a slightly open chamber of some sort with a pale burnt bald head facing him, suddenly a mechanical arm cane down putting Vader's helmet on which made a sealing sound followed by a sharp whistle causing his respirator to begin. His breathing echoed off the walls as the chair Vader sat in turned around "Grand Admiral Thrawn" was the response, "Lord Vader" Thrawn replied stepping forward a little the heels of his boots clomping on the concrete floor. "What brings you here?" Vader asked "I came here with Viceroy Saxon at the request of Governor Kaine" Thrawn replied pacing a little, "the Emperor is quite confident Kaine can handle this insurgency Grand Admiral" Vader said. "Oh I do not doubt that my lord, I doubt how well he will be able to handle his sadistic tendencies" Thrawn said "not that I'm detesting the usage of torture merely the amount he applies it".

"These methods are required now and then" Vader said his breath echoed in the room, "forgive me my lord but why are you here?" Thrawn asked stopping. "I am here to monitor Mendes at the Emperor's bidding" Vader said "not even two days ago I personally killed ten resistance fighters before running into him on the streets", "then I escorted him home that boy has not regained my trust". Thrawn was intrigued by this "and what explanation did he provide for being out that late?" Putting his finger and thumb to his chin "he said he'd gone to a friends house I didn't believe that" Vader said. Thrawn suspected there was something up unless he truly was out for that reason "I say he's lying perhaps he will have to be monitored more closely" Thrawn suggested seeing several probe droids off to the side. "He has been warned however he doesn't heed my word often, and if we did have probes nearby his already withering trust in us will be gone, the Emperor would not be pleased by this" Vader said.

"Then I will focus on his peers then, I propose those above the ages of fourteen and eighteen be required to assist the garrison in maintaining vehicles or other assorted chores" Thrawn said, "and what would this accomplish?" Vader asked leaning forward slightly "I suspect a large portion of resistance fighters are adolescents that sneak out after curfew, I suggest we tire them out so they won't do anything that'll cost them their lives" Thrawn explained turning around while pacing then turning back "a most interesting idea Grand Admiral, the Emperor would want traitors killed not tired out" Vader argued. "I'm sure of that my lord, if we are to maintain trust with the populace we must only strike with force when necessary otherwise that'll stir up an uprising" Thrawn said. "Very well you may proceed with your proposal, but I will oversee this too" Vader said, "thank you Lord Vader" Thrawn nodding his head as he made his way to the stairs formulating his new plan.